• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Meridio

International Regular
Crap. Just what we didn't need.

England just haven't bowled enough deliveries like that. Have been too short, so that when the ball does move the batsman can adjust.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Massively tempting fate here but I am still pretty sure we will not lose this test.
I think that's a fair call, if the England attack is struggling to take wickets then it's reasonable to assume the Kiwis will find it just as hard. Wicket doesn't look like it will change much over the course of the test.

Unless we see some truly awful batting from one of the sides from here on in, draw has to be odds on favourite.

BeeGee

International Captain
I was just going to ask about how many of Fulton's runs were scored on the on side...

On Side: 98
Off Side: 26

BeeGee

International Captain
I guess if we're looking for a silver lining regarding Williamson's dismissal, Taylor will certainly increase the run rate (if he says in for a decent length of time).

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's a fair call, if the England attack is struggling to take wickets then it's reasonable to assume the Kiwis will find it just as hard.

If they bowl short and wide, then yes.

Anyone actually watching the match will have seen that there is some deviation off the pitch and a small amount of swing. Useless if you don't put it in the right areas though.

England bowled like a team of Ishant Sharmas yesterday.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It's actually refreshing to see a supposedly weak batting line-up dominate a top class attack - at least for one day. Real rarity in tests recently.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Awful bowling at Fulton so far this morning. Get a critical breakthrough, so what do you do? Bowl so wide of off stump that not even Pete "I just like the feel of bat on ball, ok?" Fulton is tempted to play at it.

Meridio

International Regular
Been a pretty sleepy session so far. England bowling pretty negatively imo, just throwing everything wide outside off. Atm we look prepared to leave everything; if Taylor stays in though you'd imagine he'd start going after them.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
No Bob you can't be mischievous, the Kiwi's can actually bat, yes the pitches are not 1970s Headingley seamers but so what, we were the team that got bowled out for a sub 200 score the first time round.

Oh and just call it Headingley rather than Headingley Carnegie.

Meridio

International Regular
Botham and Willis having a big whinge about the pitches. Completely missing the point that a) there's been a little bit in this pitch; and b) England have bowled trash.