• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
De Jong was straight in looking at the man. Nani was on the turn. He didn't even have a look.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If that's a red then we should have like 2/3 red cards every game. Even Real players didn't think it was and then the penalty call at the end. Sigh.

After Varane got away first leg.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If that's a red then we should have like 2/3 red cards every game. Even Real players didn't think it was .....
You beat me to it. Normally the 'victim's teammates would be all over the ref like a rash if the challenge was dangerous, but there was barely a murmur from the RM players after the Nani challenge.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Modric was class anyway.
They were brilliant goals. Madrid were hugely effective after we lost the man on Alonso. I can't remember Ferguson ever getting it more spot on tactically. All the big decisions were vindicated.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doncaster got thrashed as well. Door back open for us.
Yeah I am now convinced that all that is needed to go up is to not **** it up rather than putting a great run together. Sadly though it is Brentford so we will **** it up.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Stupid decision. Penalty calls/Red cards have to start being reviewable by video. It is puzzling how in this day and age, with the kind of money riding on these games, that games are still decided by these kinds of decisions.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Lol Even Marca saying it wasn't a red and that Real were lucky. Marca.

Anyways, good performance today really. SAF got it right tactically and we created enough chances irrespective of that Red card and penalty not given.

One of those days. Really hate going out like this. :(

Edit - And btw, this Crooked Turkish referee has sent off 5 players of English teams now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Roy Keane on ITV is unequivocal that it was a red card as dangerous play.
From where the ref was and at full speed I can see how it was a red card to be honest, my initial reaction was that it could be a sending off as it was high.

And talking of non awarded penalties, shouldn't Real have had one?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Haha wasn't aware of this but you know it's a dodgy red when there is no market suspension at the bookies and no movement in prices whatsoever before the red was actually shown.

Thought we were good value until the red. Real had a lot of the ball but reminded me a lot of Barca circa 5 years ago, did nothing whatsoever with it. After the red it was predictably attack vs defence and Real dominated.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
From where the ref was and at full speed I can see how it was a red card to be honest, my initial reaction was that it could be a sending off as it was high.
According to this logic every attempted bicycle kick is an automatic red. His eyes never left the ball.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Cakir recent red cards:

Tonight: Nani

Dec 2012: Cahill (Chelsea) vs Corninthians
Fifa club world cup final

Sept 2012: Gerrard (England) vs Ukraina
FIFA World Cup Qualifier

Apr 2012: Terry (Chelsea) vs Barcelona
UCL Semi

March 2011: Balotelli (Man City) vs Dynamo Kiev
Europa League round of 16