• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matthew Wade

Andre

International Regular
The thing is, if we're going to live by the sword with Wade we have to die by it too. He's clearly only in the team because he's seen as the best batsman who wears gloves with webbing in Australia. So there just can't be the argument that 'oh he's made two hundreds which is great for a keeper', if he doesn't consistently bat well, he should be shown the door, because we all know his keeping isn't keeping him in the side.
That's exactly right. He seems to be playing as a batsman who keeps, we've gone past the idea of selecting the best or close to the best gloveman. Accordingly, he should be judged on the same merits as a middle order batsman and if he isn't consistent with the bat he should go.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i really do think the biggest worry re wade in the 1st test was the lack of talk and stuff.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wade is poo.

Honestly, he's not a keeper's arsehole.

He shows ability as a batsman, but gets out to some horrendous shots.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
@CricketAus
Matt Wade copped a knock on the cheek at training today. Scans have shown a minor fracture. He will be ok to play provided no major swelling

Prince might have to be the keeper, with no backup. Probably not any worse than Wade.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
@CricketAus
Matt Wade copped a knock on the cheek at training today. Scans have shown a minor fracture. He will be ok to play provided no major swelling

Prince might have to be the keeper, with no backup. Probably not any worse than Wade.
wtf is with not bringing a reserve keeper on tour? Completely fail to understand this.

If Wade dies half an hour before the game, Hughes has to keep?

Just show how completely the selectors disregard the skill of keeping in the modern era.

flibbertyjibber

Does seem bizarre not to take a 2nd keeper on a tour there as not only have you got the injury but also the illness that hits at any time obviously not as often as say 20 years ago but a real possibility. Still the selectors know best.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Do you know Wade personally? If not then your comment is just as likely to be speculative 'bull****'.
No I don't know him personally. Its actually less likely to be bull**** in contrast to your post.

You seem to believe that their are only 2 personalities that everyone in the world falls into. I mentioned Wade being a pain in the ass to work with, illustrating that he doesnt just fit into your option 2, he has option 1 traits too. I'm sure Lyon would agree if your results inclined.

benchmark00

Yep. The innings is being rebuilt yet again by the middle and lower orders after Cowan, Hughes, and Watson fall in a heap. I give Warner the benefit of the doubt because he does make some good scores.
Hughes, Warner and Watson have all played more important knocks than Wade has. Wade has very rarely rescued anything. You mean Clarke and Hussey.

Andre

International Regular
The issues concerning Wade's current lack of catching form pale when compared to the problems that Cowan, Hughes, and Watson are creating for the middle and lower orders.
Hardly. With our attack at the moment we need as many chances taken as possible.
He's batted very well today but for mine a keepers gloves are always more crucial - bowlers need faith that chances will be taken.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Hughes, Warner and Watson have all played more important knocks than Wade has. Wade has very rarely rescued anything. You mean Clarke and Hussey.
His maiden ton was one IMO. When was the last time Watson rescued with bat alone? (genuine question ftr)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
His maiden ton was one IMO. When was the last time Watson rescued with bat alone? (genuine question ftr)
I can't remember Watson ever playing a significant test innings (genuine answer)