• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matthew Wade

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Legit or fakes? Cos I wont tolerate the latter #choosybastard

Red

I'd say they're much better than anything Watson's done.
Just Watson? I'd say they'd be better than anything a bunch of blokes who frequent a cricket forum have done.

Apart from me.

watson

Banned
Just Watson? I'd say they'd be better than anything a bunch of blokes who frequent a cricket forum have done.

Apart from me.
A philosophical point Monk?

I'd like to suggest the opposite. A great Test match innings involves perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in many cases courage (I'm thinking of Bert Sutcliffe V Neil Adcock in particular). But importantly, a great Test match innings only lasts a day or two. No more.

On-the-other-hand, Life lasts more than a day or two. Instead it lasts many decades and never ceases till death happens. Yet by sheer necessity Life requires the same kind of perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in every case - courage. Tons of it.

For cricket is just a metaphor, and a very pale representation of the Life that we all lead. Even cricket forum blokes.

Last edited:

Red

A philosophical point Monk?

I'd like to suggest the opposite. A great Test match innings involves perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in many cases courage (I'm thinking of Bert Sutcliffe V Neil Adcock in particular). But importantly, a great Test match innings only lasts a day or two. No more.

On-the-other-hand, Life lasts more than a day or two. Instead it lasts many decades and never ceases till death happens. Yet by sheer necessity Life requires the same kind of perseverance, dedication, endurance, and in every case - courage. Tons of it.

For cricket is just a metaphor, and a very pale representation of the Life that we all lead. Even cricket forum blokes.
All true my friend. But I think we were talking about ****! :laugh: