• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wicketkeeping standards

JBMAC

State Captain
How many people discussing here have kept wickets at a decent level and/or been coached on it ??

I must clarify why I am asking this. Wicket keeping is the least understood of cricket's discipline by the lay fan. Almost everone knows a bit about batting and quite a few people know a bot about bowling. Not many do about keeping. In fact, even top international cricketers do not which is why it is the most difficult of the cricketing crafts to be appreciated with any degree of understanding.

Stats, which is everyone's refuge, mislead in many things but no where more than they do in wicket keeping.
Club, State and Country

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow JB, thats pretty impressive. Care to expand?

Also going from memory here, but If I recall correctly you rate Tallon the best you have seen?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Grout is dead, so probably not. Think JB said that he faced Wes Hall and he was very young in '48 when he saw Bradman. does that help narrow it down?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Think Grout is dead, so probably not. Think JB said that he faced Wes Hall and he was very young in '48 when he saw Bradman. does that help narrow it down?
Yeh. :laugh:

Grout is dead, but it was the only name that I çould come up with from Qld. Unless he used to live in another state. A lot of old guys move to Qld...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JB also said he saw Bradman play in the 50s in a testimonial match.

Last edited: