• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

jboss

Banned
Cricket sucks sometimes. On top for all series but couldn't get the win, ahead in this Test until we **** it all up and lose.
Being on top of a team that has injuries for two tests and not taking advantage of it tells me that Aus:
  1. Aus are not good enough with a one man advantage
  2. SA are good enough with a reduced team

But nothing would please me more than seeing Ponting not only lose his last test and make another low score. Not because I am a SA fan, but because he is the last remainder of the Aus team who played the game in bad f spirit (yelling at umpires when decisions didn't go his way and excessive appealing. At least Clark and Hussey seem good spirited. And thank goodness for UDRS as I remember umpire Hair (fondly at moments like this) for what many believe to have robbed SA of a successful first tour of Aus after readmission.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brilliant stuff from the Saffers to capitalize on a horrible day 2 from Oz

The pitch has been been relatively flat from the outset but 2 rank team batting performances and a couple of good spells made it seem worse than it was

No way Oz gets out of this which is a bit of a shame as SA dont deserve to win the series.

However, the hosts only have themselves to blame

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Being on top of a team that has injuries for two tests and not taking advantage of it tells me that Aus:

But nothing would please me more than seeing Ponting not only lose his last test and make another low score. Not because I am a SA fan, but because he is the last remainder of the Aus team who played the game in bad f spirit (yelling at umpires when decisions didn't go his way and excessive appealing. At least Clark and Hussey seem good spirited. And thank goodness for UDRS as I remember umpire Hair (fondly at moments like this) for what many believe to have robbed SA of a successful first tour of Aus after readmission.
Ha ha

You guys got owned by Oz until injuries and retirements killed us on your last tour here - would've been 3-nil with a full complement

Teja.

Global Moderator
I hope I don't come off as a smug douchebag here but I'd hate to be part of the Australlian batting line up if Australia get belted in this test and lose the series like it is looking like after two 550+ dec. (with six hundreds) performances in two draws leading up to this game. Not a good look at all.

Hardly fair as SA chased a thrilling draw in the second test but Test cricket is never a perfectly fair game.

jboss

Banned
Brilliant stuff from the Saffers to capitalize on a horrible day 2 from Oz

The pitch has been been relatively flat from the outset but 2 rank team batting performances and a couple of good spells made it seem worse than it was

No way Oz gets out of this which is a bit of a shame as SA dont deserve to win the series.

However, the hosts only have themselves to blame
And how do a team deserve to win if they fail to gain the upper hand to a reduced team (and still not win) Despite knowing the conditions better and having the ability to decide (or request) favorable pitches? Perhaps if Aus had not been so snobbish and treating SA as third world, these matches could have been played over the festive season with capacity crowds supporting Aus and better weather in which case Aus would likely have one the first test. Yet aus have gone into the last teo tests with all the momentum, have had the advantage in the first two, had home ground advantage and crowd support and have not brutalized it? Aus had two good days that stand out in this series (2 days out of 12 thus far) which does not warrant them being declared superior over the full 15 days of cricket. Those two days were South Africa's worst with some poor batting yesterday and a reduced South African pace attack on a road.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator

Stay classy.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia have clearly had more than 2 good days so far but should be up in the series now as they had Adelaide in their grasp and couldn't get over the line. You have to give credit to South Africa for that for not giving up and battling hard and you always knew that a good performance from them was probable at some stage of the series but to be gloating already and belittling the efforts of the Aussies in this series is a bit much.

jboss

Banned
Ha ha

You guys got owned by Oz until injuries and retirements killed us on your last tour here - would've been 3-nil with a full complement
Would love your opinion then on this series and injuries lol seeing as SA seem to have coped better this series with injuries than Aus did on SA's last tour there? If Aus can't cope with retirements then something is wrong with developing players and bringing them into the team. If UDRS was around, I am convinced that SA's first tour of Aus would have gone to SA and there is zero doubt that India would have pawned the same team you refer to just before the retirements hit Aus. In fact, the Steve Buknor test is exactly the reason why I am glad Ponting is retiring as the last of the breed of Australian cricketers who think they had authority over the game and umpires.

Using your same logic (making excuses) One could say that SA lost all tests in the Hansiegate error to match fixing. Who knows if Aus would have beaten Sa with a "what if"? The point is that they didn't. If you want to start speculating then let's start a discussion on if Bradman's record would have been as good if they had UDRS, third umpire runouts, longer tours and a variety in opposition like the modern era.

Last edited:

jboss

Banned
Australia has only had two good days of cricket this series?

News to me.
Correction: two dominating days (with a fully fit team vs a team that had their mojo interrupted.Yesteday and the first day of the second test were Australia's for the taking. By contrast SA had the upper hand on Aus batting almost every innings and lost momentum to injuries.

Satyanash89

Banned
Would love your opinion then on this series and injuries lol seeing as SA seem to have coped better this series with injuries than Aus did on SA's last tour there? If Aus can't cope with retirements then something is wrong with developing players and bringing them in to the team. If UDRS was around, I am convinced that SA's first tour of Aus would have gone to SA and there is zero doubt that India would have pawned the same team you refer to just before the retirements hit Aus. In fact the Steve Buknor test is exactly the reason why I am glad Ponting is retiring as the last of the breed of Australian cricketers who think they had authority over the game and umpires.

Using you same logic (making excuses) One could say that SA lost all tests in the Hansiegate error to match fixing. Who knows if Aus would have beaten Sa with a "what if"? The point is that they didn't. If you want to tart speculating then let's start a discussion on if Bradman's record would have been as good if they had UDRS, third umpire runouts, longer tours and a variety in opposition like the modern era.
Wow, what a post...well... atleast it was fun to read

jan

State Vice-Captain
Brilliant day 2! Dont regret I got up in the middle of the night to watch it. I had to apply only one coffee during the whole day which is always a good sign...compared to usual three or four when Clarke bats and bats :)