• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Left Handed Batsman who bowls right handed

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Shotgun the spinner being Mahendra Nagamootoo.

And I'm pretty sure that Boonie was right hand batsman ;)
Nah Bill O'Reilly gets the spinners spot. Your right about Boonie (stupid me), so Lloyd comes in for Tests and ODI and Harris comes in for ODIs

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Now lets be honest here, Tharmi. We all know that O'Reilly doesn't hold a candle to Nagamootoo. :ph34r:

In all honesty, I'm sure that if Mahendra could have been bothered having a run-up as long as O'Reilly's, then he would be up there with Warne and Murali by now...

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
Don't worry Dasa... time to go back to the drawing boards mates.

This is just a silly question.. It's quite obviously simply set up to favour Ganguly... Too add 5000 runs as a qualification is stupid when you consider how many games Ganguly has played compared to others.... In a way I think he's just trying to stop Richard Hadlee and co's name from getting involved. I mean come on, Hadlee scored over 3000 runs at an average of 27, and took 431 wickets at 22 and Ganguly is mentioned in the same breath as him?

It's like asking "who's the best ever wicketkeeper with big ears, stars in a castrol add, didn't do very well in the Ashes but picked his game up in the Super Series and bats left handed"?
ha ha ha ha!!!!! it is quite funny how things take a turn by themselves when you people are around and how you are trying to give this thread a different meaning. I honestly did not have any intention to project Ganguly or India as I never was a big fan of Ganguly as a test cricketer. If that was my intention, there are umpteen ways to do that. I am not a fool to project Ganguly as one of the best test cricketers. Dont get silly. Stay cool. I just wanted to make an interesting thread and that is it period.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Now lets be honest here, Tharmi. We all know that O'Reilly doesn't hold a candle to Nagamootoo. :ph34r:

In all honesty, I'm sure that if Mahendra could have been bothered having a run-up as long as O'Reilly's, then he would be up there with Warne and Murali by now...
Are you saying his isn't already up there with Warne or Murali, i always thought he was just one step below the great Jack McNamara.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
ramkumar_gr said:
ha ha ha ha!!!!! it is quite funny how things take a turn by themselves when you people are around and how you are trying to give this thread a different meaning. I honestly did not have any intention to project Ganguly or India as I never was a big fan of Ganguly as a test cricketer. If that was my intention, there are umpteen ways to do that. I am not a fool to project Ganguly as one of the best test cricketers. Dont get silly. Stay cool. I just wanted to make an interesting thread and that is it period.
alright... point taken... i'd misread ya

Beleg

International Regular
Zulu, Gayle (these days) and Dean H were/are more valuable to their teams than Ganguly.

9for52

Cricket Spectator
Surely this has to go to a genuine all rounder who bats/bowls to a high standard at test level....

i.e. RJ Hadlee

3124 test runs / 431 test wickets....

Jager

International Debutant
Hadlee as the best ever left-handed batsman who happens to bowl right-handed? Absolutely wrong. Neil Harvey a good candidate

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
A list I posted a couple of days ago in the "Greatest Left Hander" thread.

Brian Lara
Graeme Pollock
Kumar Sangakkara
Neil Harvey
Clive Lloyd
Matthew Hayden
Adam Gilchrist
David Gower
John Edrich
Graham Thorpe
Mark Taylor
Justin Langer
Mike Hussey
Graeme Smith
Alvin Kallicharran
Shiv Chanderpaul

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A list I posted a couple of days ago in the "Greatest Left Hander" thread.

Brian Lara
Graeme Pollock
Kumar Sangakkara
Neil Harvey
Clive Lloyd
Matthew Hayden
Adam Gilchrist
David Gower
John Edrich
Graham Thorpe
Mark Taylor
Justin Langer
Mike Hussey
Graeme Smith
Alvin Kallicharran
Shiv Chanderpaul
This, but with a few slight changes. Lara is the answer to the question that the thread poses, by some margin.

Lara, Pollock, Harvey, Sangakkara, Lloyd, Hayden, Gower, Edrich, Gilchrist, Hussey, Kallicharran, Chanderpaul, Taylor, Smith, Langer, Thorpe

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
This, but with a few slight changes. Lara is the answer to the question that the thread poses, by some margin.

Lara, Pollock, Harvey, Sangakkara, Lloyd, Hayden, Gower, Edrich, Gilchrist, Hussey, Kallicharran, Chanderpaul, Taylor, Smith, Langer, Thorpe
fwiw my list wasn't in my order, it was taken from The Sean's rankings of the greatest ever LH batsmen.

9for52

Cricket Spectator
Hadlee as the best ever left-handed batsman who happens to bowl right-handed? Absolutely wrong. Neil Harvey a good candidate
I don't know where 'who happens to' came from but if it's going purely on batting then it'd have to be Lara or Pollock.

Debris

International 12th Man
Surely this has to go to a genuine all rounder who bats/bowls to a high standard at test level....

i.e. RJ Hadlee

3124 test runs / 431 test wickets....
Except that is not what the thread title says or what was indicated in the OP. Other than that, yes.