• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in England 2012

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Love having Warnie back.
Actually I don't find him that good.

No, there are obviously big problems with Barath but you can see there is some talent, can't really see how Edwards ever makes his runs.
I see where you are coming from. re Edwards. You don't see any areas where he's going to score consistently, no 'get out' shots for singles (see Chanderpaul) - he's jus 'there'.

Might see an LBW before long here - there's some shape.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Powell has a nice looking cover drive. Not much in the way of foot movement, but gets to the pitch a la Tres or Sehwag.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gotta say, Powell looks good here. Clip off the pads in the last over and that's about the fourth one of those he's played.

Cue flash to gully.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find him a bit bland at times. Seems to spout the same old platitudes. He has good moments too though.
Yeah but all commentators constantly spout clichés. I think Warne's a bit more creative than most.

Cue him talking about the Windies "showing some heart".

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not on board with the Darren Bravo hype. If your go-to shot's the cover drive you're going to get owned by good bowlers a lot.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Torn between wanting WI to do well and jizzing over Anderson's bowling. **** me he is good, first time I've properly watched him bowling in ages.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah but all commentators constantly spout clichés. I think Warne's a bit more creative than most.

Cue him talking about the Windies "showing some heart".
He's a crim so he'll say "ticker" tho, obvz.

Developed a disconcerting habit of using it myself as well.

#CWruninedthewayIspeak

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm not on board with the Darren Bravo hype. If your go-to shot's the cover drive you're going to get owned by good bowlers a lot.
Yep

At Test level you are going to 'nick off' a lot.

On this pitch 42-3 is dreadful. Decent bowling but.....

And this team battled Australia (maybe that says more about Australia).

Helluva first pill for Shiv, and some great synchroised diving by Prior and Strauss - Tom Daley would have been impressed.

Shiv hopping around like a moggy on hot tin - if he fails this could get ugly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
cricinfo asked at the start of play if Windies could avoid Chanders coming out at 40-3. Unlucky.