• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep. Us kiwis are definitely supporting the WI in this series.

The plummeting run rate is killing the Aussies.
Nope, Clarke and Hussey are real test batsmen

They'll either get out soon or score 150 and the current run rate will be a thing of the past - that's why they average around 50

The opposition shouldnt care if Watto whacks a few 4s because the end is not far away in any event

Woodster

International Captain
Doing well these two, WI will be hoping to break this partnership ahead of the new ball in 10 overs time. Didn't see loads of play at the start of today but wasn't very impressed with the way Roach and Edwards used the first new ball at the end of play yesterday, despite the ball passing the outside edge of the bat on a number of occasions as Warner and Cowan seemed intent on flashing at the wide deliveries. Got to be fuller when they get the chance after tea and bowl better lines than they did.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
That was coming massively. Surprised it was Clarke tho as Hussey looked clueless against Bishoo. Its starting to turn square.

Woodster

International Captain
Good wicket just before the new ball's available. Bishoo bowling well here and finding some extreme turn out of the rough to the lefties. The light may be a concern if Sammy takes the new ball, but think ideally he'd be taking the new one now, with debutant Wade new to the crease.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might be worth waiting to see how Wade does against Bishoo first before taking the new cherry. For all we know he may be hopeless against wrist spin and be got cheaply.

social

Good wicket just before the new ball's available. Bishoo bowling well here and finding some extreme turn out of the rough to the lefties. The light may be a concern if Sammy takes the new ball, but think ideally he'd be taking the new one now, with debutant Wade new to the crease.
Wade is good against the quicks and whilst Bishoo is nothing great, I'd much prefer to see him playing against Roach and Edwards

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wade looks so set on not giving it away he's missed out on some gimmes already. Dead batted a full toss from Bishoo last over.

Woodster

International Captain
Might be worth waiting to see how Wade does against Bishoo first before taking the new cherry. For all we know he may be hopeless against wrist spin and be got cheaply.
Wade is good against the quicks and whilst Bishoo is nothing great, I'd much prefer to see him playing against Roach and Edwards
Yes I don't think there's anything wrong with having a look at Wade against Bishoo, but I would have been tempted to have a look at him against Edwards and Roach with the new ball, can always give Bishoo another go with a newer ball. Even if Wade does generally play quicks well, this is a step up for him and he'd be facing a brand new ball. But Bishoo is going well here so I can understand either option being taken.

Woodster

International Captain
Think they've given the spinners a fair enough crack at getting another breakthrough now, get the new ball out, light permitting.

social

Windies on top but fortunately for Australia, weather looks like it will play its part in this test

Cricket today was pretty engrossing depite the run rate and the general standard - with few exceptions, neither batting or bowling was particularly inspiring

Couple of full days play will make it interesting but I'm predicting a draw

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
yes game looks destined for a draw.

no way west indies even give Australia a sniff of victory with a positive declaration.

best chance of a result either way is Australia make 100 or so tomorrow, then West Indies collapse leaving Australia chasing 250 on the last day.