• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Am I the only one who thinks the SA attack is a good deal better than the English?
The SA attack looked pretty innocuous in these conditions too tbh.

SA has better strike bowlers but England has the better all-round attack IMO. Although if Swann continues to underperform, that may change.

EDIT: Yes, I really don't rate Tahir.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
The SA attack looked pretty innocuous in these conditions too tbh.

SA has better strike bowlers but England has the better all-round attack IMO. Although if Swann continues to underperform, that may change.
They used to have a better all round attack, I don't think they do any more. Steyn and Philander imo are a step up from any of the English bowlers, and Morkel, whilst not in the same league, is hardly a slouch either. Tahir is neither here nor there for me...Swann looks a fair bit better but he still looks like a decent spinner.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn>>Anderson, Morkel>Broad, Philander>Tremlett

Now it's a question of whether Swann is soooo far ahead of SA's 4th bowler (maybe their 4th pacer De Lange, who looked promising so far) that it out-does the other 3. I don't think so. It's closer IMO if you replace Tremlett with Bresnan. SA is still comfortably ahead IMO.

Spark

Global Moderator
They used to have a better all round attack, I don't think they do any more. Steyn and Philander imo are a step up from any of the English bowlers, and Morkel, whilst not in the same league, is hardly a slouch either. Tahir is neither here nor there for me...Swann looks a fair bit better but he still looks like a decent spinner.
A step up but not that much of a step up. Morkel isn't really that good (right now, anyway) and as I said I reckon Tahir's ****, free runs for a decent batsman at this stage.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has to be close for no other reasons than Steyn is a class above everybody and his supporting cast are no hacks themselves

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Steyn>>Anderson, Morkel>Broad, Philander>Tremlett

Now it's a question of whether Swann is soooo far ahead of SA's 4th bowler (maybe their 4th pacer De Lange, who looked promising so far) that it out-does the other 3. I don't think so. It's closer IMO if you replace Tremlett with Bresnan. SA is still comfortably ahead IMO.
I actually think Morkel is the worst of all those bowlers tbh.

uvelocity

International Coach
Batting second here, any lead of say 75 or more puts you in the driver's seat. That England are perhaps more likely to perform in the second innings than Pakistan because they have a better team is neither here nor there in deciding how big the lead should be.
It's all on Mr Ajmal imo & whether he decides to unveil his teesra from this point :ph34r: