• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Well played Pakistan but could have been better..Prior and Swanne were gifted runs..

Still feel England scored 100 runs more than they should have... Pakistan has to look to bat England out of this match and bat once...even if they are to chase 140 on the 5th day, its 1-0 to England.
DWTA, Prior played normally, as did Swann.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thumping. Can only hope they start the series proper tomorrow.
It's going to be incredibly tough for our bowlers to bring us back into this game. Apart from conditions, you've got Tremlett ring-rusty and Swann having spent most of 2011 out of top nick. Flower will be banging his head about the performance of our top 6, who just weren't at the races. Whether they can engage their brains in time for the second innings remains to be seen.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played Pakistan but could have been better..Prior and Swanne were gifted runs..

Still feel England scored 100 runs more than they should have... Pakistan has to look to bat England out of this match and bat once...even if they are to chase 140 on the 5th day, its 1-0 to England.
Borderline Gambhiring.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm perhaps, Monty was doing okay in the warm-up games. Would've been a big decision though, dropping a very good player for a very poor one purely on conditions.

Pakistan have three.
Truth is I wouldn't have played Monty as one of four and I couldn't have picked five without Bresnan. I was mainly exercising some hindsight there, as our quicks look completely innocuous on this track.

Harsh to describe Monty as very poor though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pak need 400 here. Can't see England batting so poorly again, only really carrying Strauss and Morgan though it was scary bad how they handled the Pak spinners today. Imagine if there was anything really in it for them? Great spell from Ajmal.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Why haven't you been posting this regularly in the Australia-India thread?
Been busy till the last few days and the ****ing matches start at 4 A.M in the morning.

Still been posting around a fair bit, if not regularly .

Where have you been today though.................................:p No bumping of threads?

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Truth is I wouldn't have played Monty as one of four and I couldn't have picked five without Bresnan. I was mainly exercising some hindsight there, as our quicks look completely innocuous on this track.

Harsh to describe Monty as very poor though.
Hmm I'm mainly going by the fact that for his last year or so in the test side he was awful and his county figures haven't suggested any major improvement.

Leaving out Morgan and playing a five-man attack might have been an option with Bresnan fit, not a big fan of the five-man attack personally though.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
England lucky to be where they are.

No real skill shown by England, they had no response to good tight bowling, englands loose shots were a product of good bowling, not loose shot play, they were never in control enough to call it a loose shot, it was bound to happen.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm I'm mainly going by the fact that for his last year or so in the test side he was awful and his county figures haven't suggested any major improvement.

Leaving out Morgan and playing a five-man attack might have been an option with Bresnan fit, not a big fan of the five-man attack personally though.
Agreed about the five-man attack without Bresnan. Obviously it's far too early to be definite, but if conditions are as tough for our seamers as they looked today, then we might have to go with two quicks and two spinners next time. Likeliest prediction for tomorrow is Pakistan finishing at about 350 for 3 afaics.