• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
The gulf in quality between the best and worst batsmen in this competition has been absolutely ridiculous so far, especially below #6 or so. The team that can first put together a top 7 who all actually look the part with the bat and can contribute in rotation will win the thing IMO.
I think most of the batsmen try and hit the ball too hard. Seems they all try to muscle the balls for four at the expense of placement, which is pointless when there are 5 on the boundary. The batting in the last 5 overs from all teams has been pretty poor.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Didn't actually watch this game, but the quality of bowling throughout the entire tournament has generally been pretty good, IMO.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
A very disappointing chase by the Stars tonight, however the Scorchers bowling attack was right on the ball this evening. Rimmington, Edmondson, Marsh and Coulter-Nile gave the batsmen little room to attempt a big shot.

I'm not sure if Voges was injured, however it's completely bizarre that he never had a bat. Boundaries were required and I would back him over Wade, Wright and Faulkner.

Serious question marks over the place of Cameron White in this side. The opening position is really a place you want your in-form batsman as so much momentum is gained in the first six overs. White was simply woeful in his approach.

Touch under 20,000 at the MCG tonight, solid crowd however Saturday night should break the Australian domestic T20 record with ease.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the stars are pretty much out of it so i guess they'll just keep white. but i mean a year without passing 50, in all three forms of the game, international and domestic...jesus christ.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
the stars are pretty much out of it so i guess they'll just keep white. but i mean a year without passing 50, in all three forms of the game, international and domestic...jesus christ.
Yeah he's just lost it, so it seems. He did take the five wicket haul though. :laugh:

Spikey

took a wicket in an ODer against NSW too. in the form of his life with the ball really.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Imagine the millions of advertising dollars poured into campaigns with Cam White's face in the advertisement. It would be amusing if they are forced to drop him.

Agree, not going to happen. The Stars don't have many great replacements with the bat either.

benchmark00

Chargrilled CheeQuee still #1 ftr.

Even with having DHussey as skipper and not Gayle.

Y'all pretenders.