• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

cover drive man

International Captain
Hi sledge, just remembered I didn't reply to your Facebook message. Sorry about that very busy lately. Gone and cracked the kindle screen as well :(

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope that whoever it is returns for a full segment rather than right at the end, that'd be a bit of a waste.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not fussed to be honest, I think as long as the segment is good I couldn't really care less.

Will be interesting to see how things are handled if it is Jericho though. Presumably if he comes back it will be as a face as the crowd reaction will be a strong one. But if he is to enter a program with Punk then one of them would have to turn heel, and I would much rather it was Jericho. Given the fact that if he is back it is likely to only be for a few months anyway, it would seem a bit of a waste for Punk to be turned heel for such a short space of time anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
....the ****....

Don't tell me I stayed up till nearly 4am to watch that!

I love Jericho, and I have no doubt this is going somewhere...somewhere good probably. But that segment imo, was horrible.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Here's the thing.

If there is anything to be learned from that segment tonight, it was the word of the night: Attention.

All of those cryptic and ominous vignettes that played for weeks were a precursor of the type of hype Jericho was expected to get, prior to tonight. People wanted to know what they meant and, if it truly was Jericho, how does it relate to him? We got no answers whatsoever tonight because that is what Jericho intended on doing. Whether you marked for his return and yet got frustrated and angry about the long winded and dragging pandering he did is not the point. The fact is that he got your attention. You did exactly what he wanted you to do. He took away the attention from John Cena and Kane. He took away the attention from CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. He took away the attention from R-Truth and Miz. All tonight because he was making the point that he wants to be the only thing that matters and we haven't gave him that sort of focused motive since leaving WWE and have subtly transferred all of that the the self proclaimed Best In The World, CM Punk.

If you watched that segment tonight and didn't feel a little bit angered, antagonized, disappointed, or frustrated then you either have no emotions or you're a very bad liar. I was getting annoyed and frustrated when he kept dragging but then after the segment, I smiled and thought "That ****er got me."

He didn't troll anybody or anything. We, the sheep, just have a different outlook and reasoning of what Jericho was actually trying to accomplish tonight and it worked. We forgot about a great talent and the best at what he does in Jericho and have latched onto someone else (Punk), even though Jericho feels, in his mind, he was a better version of CM Punk so why have people latched on the cheap imitation (Punk) and yet people aren't largely demanding the genuine brand (Jericho).

he's not coming back for fans. He's coming back for he, and he alone. He's coming back to solidify himself as the Best In the World and he can't do that until he takes out the man parading around with that title, physically and metaphorically, that Jericho feels he stole.

Jericho is ****ing awesome and tonight has reassured me even more that Jericho cannot leave the WWE again unless he's retiring or has a very damn good reason. He's too valuable as of now and WWE needs him. Badly.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's the thing.
If there is anything to be learned from that segment tonight, it was the word of the night: Attention.
All of those cryptic and ominous vignettes that played for weeks were a precursor of the type of hype Jericho was expected to get, prior to tonight. People wanted to know what they meant and, if it truly was Jericho, how does it relate to him? We got no answers whatsoever tonight because that is what Jericho intended on doing. Whether you marked for his return and yet got frustrated and angry about the long winded and dragging pandering he did is not the point. The fact is that he got your attention. You did exactly what he wanted you to do. He took away the attention from John Cena and Kane. He took away the attention from CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. He took away the attention from R-Truth and Miz. All tonight because he was making the point that he wants to be the only thing that matters and we haven't gave him that sort of focused motive since leaving WWE and have subtly transferred all of that the the self proclaimed Best In The World, CM Punk.
If you watched that segment tonight and didn't feel a little bit angered, antagonized, disappointed, or frustrated then you either have no emotions or you're a very bad liar. I was getting annoyed and frustrated when he kept dragging but then after the segment, I smiled and thought "That ****er got me."
He didn't troll anybody or anything. We, the sheep, just have a different outlook and reasoning of what Jericho was actually trying to accomplish tonight and it worked. We forgot about a great talent and the best at what he does in Jericho and have latched onto someone else (Punk), even though Jericho feels, in his mind, he was a better version of CM Punk so why have people latched on the cheap imitation (Punk) and yet people aren't largely demanding the genuine brand (Jericho).
he's not coming back for fans. He's coming back for he, and he alone. He's coming back to solidify himself as the Best In the World and he can't do that until he takes out the man parading around with that title, physically and metaphorically, that Jericho feels he stole.
Jericho is ****ing awesome and tonight has reassured me even more that Jericho cannot leave the WWE again unless he's retiring or has a very damn good reason. He's too valuable as of now and WWE needs him. Badly.
No world's fattest man gimmick then? :dry:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Here's the thing.

Yeah, good post this. Had I not stayed up all night to watch it I would probably have enjoyed it a lot more. He got me alright.

He has always said that he wasn't interested in coming back again unless he could do something fresh, something edgy and different, and so I really expected some sort of swerve. (at first I had a terrible feeling they had reinvented his Y2J character, and that would have been pretty poor).

Like you say, like it or hate it, he really got a huge reaction. I'm not sure I have ever seen someone get such a positive reaction and then have it turn into such a negative reaction within the space of ten minutes without actually really doing or saying anything. Guy had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Crowd popped big and then booed him out of the building.

I guess it answers my question of who will turn heel out of Punk/Jericho too.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
SPOILER

Loads on YouTube. Type
Jericho returns[/url] and it is the first one.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just watched it back again. The guy's a master of his art.

My angst about the segment is because as a fan it appealed to my inner mark, and I feel like a kid whose favourite face has just turned heel. It wasn't actually a bad segment at all really.

Why Chris? Why? :(

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, good post this. Had I not stayed up all night to watch it I would probably have enjoyed it a lot more. He got me alright.

He has always said that he wasn't interested in coming back again unless he could do something fresh, something edgy and different, and so I really expected some sort of swerve. (at first I had a terrible feeling they had reinvented his Y2J character, and that would have been pretty poor).

Like you say, like it or hate it, he really got a huge reaction. I'm not sure I have ever seen someone get such a positive reaction and then have it turn into such a negative reaction within the space of ten minutes without actually really doing or saying anything. Guy had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Crowd popped big and then booed him out of the building.

I guess it answers my question of who will turn heel out of Punk/Jericho too.
Really hope that Jericho and Punk have creative influence in their upcoming feud like Jericho and Michaels had during their feud. Good god ****s going to get good

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I expect they will, I imagine the segment last night was thought up by Jericho himself, and like you say his track record in creative work is pretty damn good. I doubt he'd have come back if he hadn't already been guaranteed he'd be allow to have quite a lot of input in this regard as well. Similarly the creative team have let Punk put in a lot over the last year with great results, so I expect they'll do the same here. May as well just leave it to the two of them imo, if you put them in a program together it'll more or less write itself. Has the potential to be off the charts good.

When i'm asked if I can think of one guy who really ticks the boxes of all the facets required to make a good pro-wrestler and really excels at every one of them, I inevitably think of Shawn Michaels. But I think if Jericho can make this new program really work (and let's face it, it'd be a bit of a shock if it wasn't at least very good) then I think he really will immortalise his legacy in the business (that is to say, if he hasn't already) and in my eyes will be more or less on a level playing field with HBK. He's constantly evolved his character from Lionheart, to Y2J, to the Best in the world at what he does, to whatever his new persona might be. He's performed to the highest level in every division from the lower-card to the top of the main event scene. I can't think of a single program of his that has been genuinely bad, he's made even the crap ones watchable (e.g. the one with Chyna). His ring work is pretty underrated, he can work a number of styles, has great ring psychology and I can't think of a bad match he has had with anyone. His promos are great, he gets consistently strong reactions as both face and heel, and he can work the crowd however he wants.

I don't mean for this to sound like a big ass-kiss. I'll make no secret that I've always liked Jericho and he's been a favourite of mine ever since I really started watching the WWE(F), the first RAW I ever watched was the one he debuted on ironically. But now, for the first time, rather than him just being my favourite, I really think we are seeing a guy who is at the absolute peak of his powers, who really is nearing the status of an all-time great.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
I expect they will, I imagine the segment last night was thought up by Jericho himself, and like you say his track record in creative work is pretty damn good. I doubt he'd have come back if he hadn't already been guaranteed he'd be allow to have quite a lot of input in this regard as well. Similarly the creative team have let Punk put in a lot over the last year with great results, so I expect they'll do the same here. May as well just leave it to the two of them imo, if you put them in a program together it'll more or less write itself. Has the potential to be off the charts good.

When i'm asked if I can think of one guy who really ticks the boxes of all the facets required to make a good pro-wrestler and really excels at every one of them, I inevitably think of Shawn Michaels. But I think if Jericho can make this new program really work (and let's face it, it'd be a bit of a shock if it wasn't at least very good) then I think he really will immortalise his legacy in the business (that is to say, if he hasn't already) and in my eyes will be more or less on a level playing field with HBK. He's constantly evolved his character from Lionheart, to Y2J, to the Best in the world at what he does, to whatever his new persona might be. He's performed to the highest level in every division from the lower-card to the top of the main event scene. I can't think of a single program of his that has been genuinely bad, he's made even the crap ones watchable (e.g. the one with Chyna). His ring work is pretty underrated, he can work a number of styles, has great ring psychology and I can't think of a bad match he has had with anyone. His promos are great, he gets consistently strong reactions as both face and heel, and he can work the crowd however he wants.

I don't mean for this to sound like a big ass-kiss. I'll make no secret that I've always liked Jericho and he's been a favourite of mine ever since I really started watching the WWE(F), the first RAW I ever watched was the one he debuted on ironically. But now, for the first time, rather than him just being my favourite, I really think we are seeing a guy who is at the absolute peak of his powers, who really is nearing the status of an all-time great.
I always liked him but was never a big fan in his Y2J run, but his Best in the World run made me a big fan of his work. His feud with HBK and amazing series with Rey was awesome.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, how good is R-Truth?

Seems to have stepped up his insane nutcase thing, is actually pretty believable. The way he talks to himself is actually pretty scary, I'd move out of his way if I saw him coming the other way along the street.

"What's that?!.....Little Jimmy says....you need to GET GOT!"

:laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jericho is genius. If he keeps acting like this he gets himself hated a whole new way, but it could go anywhere. Laughed my ass off.

First entire Raw episode I've watched in a while and I thought it was very good actually.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I got a brainwave and reckon that Jericho is going to attempt to unify the titles at Wrestlemania by challenging both Punk and Daniel Bryan on the same night or perhaps having a 2 falls match where the first fall gets the WWE Title and the second gets the World Title.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would eat my hat if Bryan is still holding the WHC by the time WM comes around. Do not for one second believe that the E have enough faith in him to be a top draw for the biggest event of the year. And much as I like him, I don't either.

cover drive man

International Captain
I agree, R Truth is great.

As good a wrestler as Bryan is, I don't think cashing MITB and effectively stealing it from Big Show was a good route for his first title especially as a face, was expecting a heel turn at least.

As for Jericho, he may well be the best in the world at what he does. Made up to see him back. Was thinking/hoping he'd be Undertaker's wrestlemania opponent (the egomaniac going for the seemingly impossible would be a good angle) but all the talk seems to be about a match with him and punk which would also be great seeing as the two have very similar style characters.