• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good effort from them with so many first XI players missing.

A pretty good tournament in terms of entertainment, better than the IPL imo. Lots of close and exciting finishes, finals was a bit of a drag for the last 10 overs though RCB can only blame themselves for that.

Malinga is just way too good, by far the top T20 bowler in the world.

Dissector

International Debutant
If the final had been a bit tighter it would have been a classic lowish scoring TT game but it was still interesting for the first ten overs of the second innings when the match was in the balance.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Never would have got there without James Franklin.

Wonder if this will see him get a decent size IPL contract now.

Daemon

Never would have got there without James Franklin.

Wonder if this will see him get a decent size IPL contract now.
He already has a contract for the next couple of seasons I think, don't think MI are obliged to pay him any more than he already gets.

Daemon

That Symonds bid was ridiculous. Had a serious facepalm moment when I saw them bid for him.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It's the amount they'd receive per year if they made themselves available for all the matches their team played that year. For instance, if a player's contract was worth $100,000, and due to various committments, he made himself available for 8 out of 16 matches his team played that year, he'd make $50,000. I reckon the players playing for the more moneyed teams (MI, RCB) make more by way of incentives, and most probably a whole lot more if they sign up for those teams outside of the auction, since they get to pick whom to play for that way. I think Gayle signed up for RCB outside the auction? Mallya's probably paying him a whole lot more than what his IPL contract is worth. In a way, it makes sense to bypass the auction if you're a player in high demand. You get to choose both your team and pay package.

slowfinger

International Debutant
It's the amount they'd receive per year if they made themselves available for all the matches their team played that year. For instance, if a player's contract was worth $100,000, and due to various committments, he made himself available for 8 out of 16 matches his team played that year, he'd make $50,000. I reckon the players playing for the more moneyed teams (MI, RCB) make more by way of incentives, and most probably a whole lot more if they sign up for those teams outside of the auction, since they get to pick whom to play for that way. I think Gayle signed up for RCB outside the auction? Mallya's probably paying him a whole lot more than what his IPL contract is worth. In a way, it makes sense to bypass the auction if you're a player in high demand. You get to choose both your team and pay package.
Great explanation Cheers! Does every player on the roster have to go? EG if you bid 1$ and noone else bids do you get him?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Great explanation Cheers! Does every player on the roster have to go? EG if you bid 1$ and noone else bids do you get him?
All players have their own individual reserve prices fixed beforehand that's decided jointly by the particular player and the IPL; although who has the bigger say I don't know. The reserve price is the minimum bid amount that may be placed upon that player. You might be aware of Michael Clarke deciding he was worth a million dollars, and Modi telling him where to get off :p If no team is willing to at least match that reserve price, the player is generally re-introduced into the auction immediately after all other players are bid for. Players do remain 'unsold' because there are far more players who apply for the auction than there are spots available in the teams.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fairly certain I read something that suggested you still get paid a small percentage of your contracted money if you don't play a game. Hence guys like Mortaza wouldn't have walked away empty handed.