• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this Viral Kohli's moment?

ljinko888

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Raina was the person who most people expected to struggle in the Caribbean. He did a reliable job however and that tour cemented his spot. I don't think Kohli is the right person for now to come in and to do the job. I've seen a fair bit of Rohit Sharma and he has impressed me. I don't think putting Kohli straight in will do any good. Sharma should be given a chance in the near future. He's improved a lot in the last few years

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll be hoping Kohli fails in England; this is because he opted to tour the West Indies. Anyone who chose to tour the West Indies lost respect from me and as such I'll be wishing failure and injury on those players.

tooextracool

International Coach
Raina outperformed Kohli in Tests in the Caribbean....
I am aware of that, but Raina has looked like a deer in the headlights this series. I'm not sure what the WI bowled at him, but he's looked completely hopeless against the short ball and Id bank on the likes of Tremlett, Broad and Bresnan dismissing him cheaply throughout the series. Not to mention that his dismissals at TB deserve an axing in isolation.

From what I have read, Kohli also struggled against the short ball in the WI. However, I do believe that he has a better technique and is more talented than Raina and this is confirmed by their respective FC records. If Kohli scores runs in the practice match, there is a strong possibility of him playing.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I am aware of that, but Raina has looked like a deer in the headlights this series. I'm not sure what the WI bowled at him, but he's looked completely hopeless against the short ball and Id bank on the likes of Tremlett, Broad and Bresnan dismissing him cheaply throughout the series. Not to mention that his dismissals at TB deserve an axing in isolation.

From what I have read, Kohli also struggled against the short ball in the WI. However, I do believe that he has a better technique and is more talented than Raina and this is confirmed by their respective FC records. If Kohli scores runs in the practice match, there is a strong possibility of him playing.
As village as Raina looked at Trent Bridge, he was the only Indian batsman who looked remotely like saving the Lord's Test.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Raina would do well on tracks like lords which are relatively slower and less bouncier. But on seaming tracks which are quicker and more bouncier like Trent Bridge he is a walking wicket almost.

Should have ****ing picked Badrinath instead of Kohli here right now tbh.
Between Kohli and Raina it's pretty close but long term i have no doubt Kohli will be better, so if it is a bouncy track might as well give him a chance.

Bouncer

State Regular
I really really like this kid, I hope he comes off well in last two tests.

Every time i saw him play, He really looked almost like as someone with same amount of talent as Umar Akmal but being I am sure that his batting will improve and he can become better than UA, as he is not in Pakistan where the captain makes you sit out in games and when he plays you, he moves you in lower middle order, just because he sees you as a threat to his own spot in the team.

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
Raina

Virat Kohli is clearly a better Test match batsmen than Raina, couldn't believe he wasn't picked even if he didn't make runs in the Windies.

His proper technique is suited to batting against quality bowling in swinging + seaming conditions.

Unlike Raina who prospers in India and the shorter form of the game.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
Virat Kohli is clearly a better Test match batsmen than Raina, couldn't believe he wasn't picked even if he didn't make runs in the Windies.

His proper technique is suited to batting against quality bowling in swinging + seaming conditions.

Unlike Raina who prospers in India and the shorter form of the game.
i totally get what you're saying and you might not have meant it but your statement implies that you don't need "proper" technique to bat in india. lol wut? maybe you need to adjust your technique but the way you say it, it's like oh anyone can bat in india you don't even need "proper technique.". but the real test is batting against english bowlers in english conditions.

if it was so easy touring batsman would be murdering us at home. don't really see that happening tbh. edit: some of the atgs have **** records in india btw.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
While Raina is very good attitude-wise, I believe the no. 6 spot will ultimately go to one among Pujara, Kohli or Rahane.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pujara just got injured at the wrong time. He would have established himself by now in that slot.

And now he is out for another 4 months:(