• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpiring Errors

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
if this did happen, then said batsman should never play in the next ie under 20 or 21 world cup. for not knowing which side of his bat to use.
His bat came late on to the ball ,hence taking the angle on the back of the bat with big inswing. Sachin hit one of Murali sweeping of the back of the bat in srilanka pretty hard and then when it was reviewed and given out he was very surprised. Still trying to figure out though, what it has to do with the Morgan dismissal?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Pretty sure a batsman got bowled in a u19 world cup game from a video i was watching a few days earlier with the ball ricochetting from the back of the bat. A big inswinger it was. Am on my phone right now,will find the link later and more. In any case it has nothing to do with the Morgan dismissal.....
Ricocheting playing across the line of the ball is a completely different matter to pushing fowards as KP was. Seriously it is not physically possible unless your bat is facing sideways or backwards. In which case hang on's comment is bang-on.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
His bat came late on to the ball ,hence taking the angle on the back of the bat with big inswing. Sachin hit one of Murali sweeping of the back of the bat in srilanka pretty hard and then when it was reviewed and given out he was very surprised. Still trying to figure out though, what it has to do with the Morgan dismissal?
i thought i was about playing foward defensive. i was also being facetious!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So you want to debate Morgan or KP? I was talking about batsman in general,with regards to Morgan walking and you bring something else up?

hang on

State Vice-Captain
So you want to debate Morgan or KP? I was talking about batsman in general,with regards to Morgan walking and you bring something else up?
i was just wondering about your response to spark's query about a single occasion when a batsman has had the ball brush the back of the bat when playing forward. at least that was the initial question to which u gave the under 19 wc example.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
i was just wondering about your response to spark's query about a single occasion when a batsman has had the ball brush the back of the bat when playing forward. at least that was the initial question to which u gave the under 19 wc example.
That was intended at Spark.:laugh: in any case can't really talk about it more on my phone.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
BTW on topic a plumb lbw (according to Hawkeye, and commentators) of Swann off a Harby delivery was not given.
:laugh: Seriously comical stuff from guys who're arguing technology (which proved horse**** whether it was out or not) should be considered over the umpire's and victim's words.
Which is it? You can't have your cake and eat it when it comes to HawkEye - you've been one of its biggest critics so you can't all of a sudden turn round and trust the technology just because it shows India were harshly done by.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It can be trusted for clear shockers, but not for marginal calls. Besides i thought we were supposed to follow the balltracking blindly despite what one maker was saying:ph34r:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone seen my goalposts? Some **** keeps moving them.
Find one post where i said anything different and then come back and make sense. Besides that point works both ways and you can't have the cake and it eat it too for different teams after trusting the hawkeye more than your life. And in any case it wasn't even required in this case.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Find one post where i said anything different and then come back and make sense. Besides that point works both ways and you can't have the cake and it eat it too for different teams after trusting the hawkeye more than your life. And in any case it wasn't even required in this case.
don't want to get involved in this one or take sides but the card in me says that u missed the perfect response!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wait a minute why the **** is everyone arguing here when Morgan was the one who made a mistake by not reviewing the decision? He thought he nicked it? His fault. There is nothing here to argue about for either side ffs.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neither of the decisions (Pietersen or Morgan) were so blatantly wrong, like the Chanderpaul one, to deserve so much argument/discussion IMHO. Can't believe such a big deal is being made out of it. Both could have gone either way.

Bun

Banned
Hawkeye can not be trusted!
Which is it? You can't have your cake and eat it when it comes to HawkEye - you've been one of its biggest critics so you can't all of a sudden turn round and trust the technology just because it shows India were harshly done by.
arre yaar, read that again, I said plumb according to commentators and hawkeye. tragic!

more to the point, that's a very stupid and convenient bucketing of my thoughts with that of bccis's. i've argued it's the predictive element of hawkeye is what gets my goat. I am fully for the mat and actual tracking till point of impact.

I guess had we used mat and ordinary tracker, we'd have got a reversal, but nm......

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
Wait a minute why the **** is everyone arguing here when Morgan was the one who made a mistake by not reviewing the decision? He thought he nicked it? His fault. There is nothing here to argue about for either side ffs.
:laugh: we've come to a point where the sanity of the batsman is now at stake.