• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Blaze 18

Banned
Oh come on. The video is doing rounds for the innocence and so-cute factor. You got that totally wrong, Blaze. Watch this and tell me if the reporter is deriving pleasure out of seeing a kid cry:

YouTube - Afridi's daughter's match analysis
I've seen that video thrice, even posted the same link in this very thread. I didn't say the reporter was deriving pleasure out of seeing her cry. I said it was pathetic journalism - he was presumably doing it for the TRPs. Above everything else, it was a privacy breach. As Fusion put it, "the reporter shouldn't be interviewing a child in an emotional state". Cheap stuff in my opinion.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think people are overreacting here. It is just an oh-so-cute thing. Talking to a crying baby is hardly a breach of privacy. An adult crying is a different matter. Grown ups create videos of their crying babies all the time.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think people are overreacting here. It is just an oh-so-cute thing. Talking to a crying baby is hardly a breach of privacy. An adult crying is a different matter. Grown ups create videos of their crying babies all the time.
I will have to go with Fusion here. I don't find this cute tbh..........

smash84

The Tiger King
btw.......from what Salman seems to be saying apparently the Pakistan team got a warm welcome on arrival from India :wacko:

smash84

The Tiger King
this is so unlike Pakistan fans tbh.......I guess everybody loves Afridi now..........at least for a few days........

smash84

The Tiger King
and yeah.............does anyone have the link to any video showing the pak team arriving back in pakistan?

salman85

International Debutant
I couldn't find the video.You'll just have to watch a few channels i guess.They were showing it today.Youtube will probably have the video soon though.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Here's a link to an excellent question/answer session by Afridi. It's in Urdu, unfortunately, and too long for me to translate. Really impressed with his answers.

Afridi interview

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This kind of attitude is really sad to see.....

Just because Afridi said something along the lines of not hating Indians.... He is sucking it up to the Indians for the IPL contract :huh:
I am making an assumption that you were talking about these comments

YouTube - Shahid Afridi Arrival Home Sibteintv Exclusive p7 2011
I don't really think he said that to get an IPL contract tbf. The auction has already finished so he has really no reason to play up to the media as a result. He is also an honest person who says what he feels, and I think he was so emotional at this stage that it would have been very difficult to put on an act.

His comment were really good about having a better relationship with India; maybe something the military and politicians from both sides should learn from.

I also agree with Fusion and Blaze about interviewing his daughter. Completely out of order to interview an emotional child. She could have said something really silly which would have made a lot of people angry. That guy that Blaze mentioned, Faizani, well he posts on PakPassion regularly.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't know about the entire 'cute' thing about that video.

If I was caught calling Munaf and his family ****s on camera when I was 13 in a heated state after a match, I'd be really annoyed if it comes back to bite me ten years later.

Opportunistic, Cheap, TRP Journalism at it's worst.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know about the entire 'cute' thing about that video.

If I was caught calling Munaf and his family ****s on camera when I was 13 in a heated state after a match, I'd be really annoyed if it comes back to bite me ten years later.

Opportunistic, Cheap, TRP Journalism at it's worst.
Why will it come back to bite the little girl? Innocent comment is all this is, and she will only look back laughing at it thinking how she thought she knew everything about international cricket at that age. That's exactly how I will react if I saw a similar video from my childhood.

Love the video. Makes me smile and also makes me realize Cricket is so insignificant after all. Nothing relieves stress like watching kids taking their own actions and ideas too seriously. And like the way the reporter is asking the questions to the kid too. Good job!

R_D

International Debutant
I don't really think he said that to get an IPL contract tbf. The auction has already finished so he has really no reason to play up to the media as a result. He is also an honest person who says what he feels, and I think he was so emotional at this stage that it would have been very difficult to put on an act.

His comment were really good about having a better relationship with India; maybe something the military and politicians from both sides should learn from.

I also agree with Fusion and Blaze about interviewing his daughter. Completely out of order to interview an emotional child. She could have said something really silly which would have made a lot of people angry. That guy that Blaze mentioned, Faizani, well he posts on PakPassion regularly.
I agree with you that he wasn't but thats what Xhuib was alluding to i think.... seen similar sentiments being expressed by many other Pakistani fans on another forum.

Afridi has come across as quite a mature person throughout this tournament.. so surprised by him.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Still can't believe we lost to India again...that delivery from Wahab to Yuvi will always stick to my mind...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Why will it come back to bite the little girl? Innocent comment is all this is, and she will only look back laughing at it thinking how she thought she knew everything about international cricket at that age. That's exactly how I will react if I saw a similar video from my childhood.

Love the video. Makes me smile and also makes me realize Cricket is so insignificant after all. Nothing relieves stress like watching kids taking their own actions and ideas too seriously. And like the way the reporter is asking the questions to the kid too. Good job!
So you aren't 13 then?:shock:

Last edited: