• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Wow. SA choked hard there. Go the black caps. Lets get 1 stage further this time. We can if we play England. Then we could beat Pakistan quite feasabily. India and Sri Lanka will be tough. Hope they get knocked out.

JBH001

International Regular
Yes, I agree with this. NZ have a better chance of beating England and Pakistan than India and Sri Lanka (this is not to say they can't of course). I'll be in a difficult position though if NZ and SL do face-off in the second semi-final.

Himannv

International Coach
Ha! I hate the time difference, really. A couple of hours earlier and I would have watched it all but 2pm is my max when I want to have a reasonably effective and productive day the next day. The fact that the Auckland club cricket finals are on this weekend also meant that I wanted some sleep before having to front up for my final game of the season at 12. However, it is pissing down here in Auckland and it looks like a cancellation - there's some irony for you.
Effective and productive on a Saturday morning? Please.. :dry:

JBH001

International Regular
You'll be in a win-win situation,. Sounds good to me.
Yeah, there is that. At least one of my teams will make the final. :-)

I'm not sure who I'd support though if both do square off in the SF. A few years ago it would have been SL (like in the 2007 WC) but these days it's a little more ambiguous.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Wow - congratulations NZ. Fell asleep rather early last evening but kept waking up to hear wickets of NZ players falling. Sounds like an epic performance in the field. Congrats to Ryder and Taylor for their partnership. Read this whole thread this morning to find out who won. Some moving posts.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Ha! I hate the time difference, really. A couple of hours earlier and I would have watched it all but 2pm is my max when I want to have a reasonably effective and productive day the next day. The fact that the Auckland club cricket finals are on this weekend also meant that I wanted some sleep before having to front up for my final game of the season at 12. However, it is pissing down here in Auckland and it looks like a cancellation - there's some irony for you.
Hah, same here in Hamilton.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
hahaha reading Bahnz's posts this morning have been incredibly amusing, especially when you pair them with his Selena Gomez avatar :p

A great match though. Partly a mental problem but some great bowling from us (with a bit of luck with Amla hahahaha)

slugger

State Vice-Captain
in a way i feel sorry for south africa this qf hoodoo must really be getting to them now.

but yeah whooo!!! NZ came through I backed them on the vote thinging.

and a few weeks back I was sitting next to murry deaker on a flight to wellington i asked him how far do you think the black caps will go who told me qf's i told em narr they make it to the semi's... jokes on you deaker!!!

Flem274*

123/5
YES YESY ESY EYSY EYS YES YES YES YES YES YES!

New Zealand are the shizz doing the biz, haters can suck it.

Get some NcCullum in ya backside Symcox!

i fell asleep just before kallis got out:crybaby:

Flem274*

123/5
Couple of hours now since the end of the game. Am close to tears with joy right now. It's been a tough couple of weeks for me, personally, and really heading into this game, I was just hoping we wouldnt get mangled and embarassed. To win is almost unbelievable. Jacob Oram...I knew he could do it. Great bowler, great cricketer, great heart. The entire team never gave up...I've never been prouder to be an NZ cricket fan. Whoops, there go the water-works. All of the misery and pain of the last 12 months has been worth it.

I remember when I was 6 years old, watching Kiwi cricket hopes being dashed by a young Inzamam in the 1992 world cup in the semi-final. Despite the heart-ache, that was the moment that crystalised my love of cricket, and in particular of the New Zealand team. Since that time, New Zealand has never won a WC elimination match. We did ourselves proud in 1996 against the Aussies, and surprised everyone by making the semi's in 1999.

But this tops everything. I'm speechless. I'm humbled. Well done lads. You've only got a day or two to celebrate, but you deserve every minute of it.

God I love cricket.
Love ya bahnzy

Just going to remind Athlai he wanted Oram dropped before the WC. Just a reminder.

Going to give my dad a text too. Had to put up with him shouting at Oram for existing so much last summer. I defended Oram for the hell of it. Gloating time.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
KiwiNinja's post where he said - anything can happen in sports - and made us believe was the first time I started to get my hopes up.

Wonder if Mills will be back for the semi.

Will take the day off work so that I can stay up and watch it.

Go black caps.

Also to the NZ fans who jumped off the bandwagon somewhere in the India series - good to have you back!

I think if we come up against SL in the semis then the video analyst has a big role to play for us. Somewhere somehow they have to come up with a plan against Sanga and Mahela - they are both just incredible players.

Regarding McCullum opening - even though it is a long shot for him to come off in the next game - he has to open no point in changing the order at this stage.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I think if we come up against SL in the semis then the video analyst has a big role to play for us. Somewhere somehow they have to come up with a plan against Sanga and Mahela - they are both just incredible players.
I'm all in favour of the boot trick.

And agree about kiwininja. His posts got me fired up for this game, and I haven't been truly excited about an NZ ODI for a while now. Made me believe.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Couple of hours now since the end of the game. Am close to tears with joy right now. It's been a tough couple of weeks for me, personally, and really heading into this game, I was just hoping we wouldnt get mangled and embarassed. To win is almost unbelievable. Jacob Oram...I knew he could do it. Great bowler, great cricketer, great heart. The entire team never gave up...I've never been prouder to be an NZ cricket fan. Whoops, there go the water-works. All of the misery and pain of the last 12 months has been worth it.

I remember when I was 6 years old, watching Kiwi cricket hopes being dashed by a young Inzamam in the 1992 world cup in the semi-final. Despite the heart-ache, that was the moment that crystalised my love of cricket, and in particular of the New Zealand team. Since that time, New Zealand has never won a WC elimination match. We did ourselves proud in 1996 against the Aussies, and surprised everyone by making the semi's in 1999.

But this tops everything. I'm speechless. I'm humbled. Well done lads. You've only got a day or two to celebrate, but you deserve every minute of it.

God I love cricket.
Completely agree. Oram, completely legendary effort considering how much work he's put into get there and how awesome it is to see him on the park leading the bowling attack and being the go-to guy for Vettori. So stoked for him to prove all the haters wrong.
But now bloody hacked off at myself for only waking up at 4.30am for the last rights and not mysky-ing it.