• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Athlai

Not Terrible
I honestly think Bangers would fancy Australia in Bangladesh. Australia have looked terrible against spin.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I honestly think Bangers would fancy Australia in Bangladesh. Australia have looked terrible against spin.
If they catch them on a slow enough wicket and win the toss - like how they had it against England - they'd be worth a bet, definately.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know I don't post much, but I'm just gonna make my avatar the flag of the last team to beat england each time - our ****eness deserves some kind of memorial.

It'll end up changing most weeks anyhow.
Lol, fair play.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
England really disgraced themselves losing to 2 minnows within one competition. Now they are under pressure playing the windies.
That is a superb point mate, to lose to 2 minnows in one World Cup really is a shambles, rather than being honest and saying that they are a long way behind the 8 ball in ODI cricket they are talking about how they are going to win the Cup.

Surely in life as well as Cricket you need to walk before you can run and if you cant beat Ireland and Bangladesh then you can't have aspirations to win the WC.

If we lost to TWO minnows in one WC we would be rightly having to do some serious soul searching.

It is one think being positive and talking the talk but after losing to Ireland and Bangladesh
for the likes of Swann to start saying how close they are to taking the spoils is frankly pathethic and laughable.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
What I find so hard to believe is that the same Jimmy Anderson bowled so beautifully against us in the Ashes. :blink:

I know the conditions don't suit him at the sub-continent, but he is throwing absolute pies at the moment.

Is he carrying an injury?
Is he mentally exhausted?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it's the mental thing more than anything (in addition to the conditions of course) - having just had a kid and not being able to see it is obviously having a different effect on him then he thought it would.

The conditions is also an odd thing because in the Tests he's played in India he's actually been pretty successful relatively speaking.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marc has it bang on, and i think there are a few of the team struggling mentally at present. Bell looks a shadow of the player earlier in the winter and he has played every single match of the winter.

From the players point of view they need a long break, i can see a few players being rested at times this summer to allow them some time off. It has been a hectic schedule.

Spark

Global Moderator
What's with all the horrifically one eyed biased trolls/morons going through of late? Not noticed this before.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You've disgraced yourself 25 times in the last 2 weeks with your **** posting.
That is a superb point mate, to lose to 2 minnows in one World Cup really is a shambles, rather than being honest and saying that they are a long way behind the 8 ball in ODI cricket they are talking about how they are going to win the Cup.

Surely in life as well as Cricket you need to walk before you can run and if you cant beat Ireland and Bangladesh then you can't have aspirations to win the WC.

If we lost to TWO minnows in one WC we would be rightly having to do some serious soul searching.

It is one think being positive and talking the talk but after losing to Ireland and Bangladesh
for the likes of Swann to start saying how close they are to taking the spoils is frankly pathethic and laughable.
:laugh:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hate when people quote Dhoni Fan. Ignore is a beautiful thing people. Learn to click the button instead of biting every time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

This is a pathetic and laughable and quite frankly **** post.

Sure, we shouldn't have lost those games, but similarly to win a WC you have to perform against good teams. My team have done that - have yours?

Neither India nor England have anything to be proud of when reflecting on the WC so far. Spare me your bragging rights for when India win a game against someone decent.

You could learn from some India fans round here tbh about how to act. Jono, vcs etc

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd say England have more to be proud of tbh.

Mind you, they also have a lot more to be dreadfully embarrassed about.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
This is a pathetic and laughable and quite frankly **** post.

Sure, we shouldn't have lost those games, but similarly to win a WC you have to perform against good teams. My team have done that - have yours?

Neither India nor England have anything to be proud of when reflecting on the WC so far. Spare me your bragging rights for when India win a game against someone decent.

You could learn from some India fans round here tbh about how to act. Jono, vcs etc
We have not peaked yet but we have not been beaten by 2 minnows! Any other Test playing team in the world would realise that shows how far off the pace they are in the game! but England seem to have a different approach, and while the attitude is admirable if not misplaced it is also totally unrealistic.

I have total respect for my fellow Indian fans but I am myself, and I don’t have to follow anyone, in any case we have some other superb Indian posters here such as Turbinator and Tendulkar200.