• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 22 - India v Ireland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The reason Ireland didnt play better was because they were not allowed, to they were out of their depth to be perfectly frank but they fought hard and did their best you have to credit them hugely for trying out there.
That's a bit condescending mate. I think Ireland did underperform with the bat. I mean they could have played Yuvraj a lot better. He bowled pretty well. But he wasn't blowling land mines.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't think we can really have much of a go at the Indian batting lineup other than Sehwag and Gambhir, who would definately deserve criticism for their dismissals. After they were out, India knuckled down and treated the perfectly competitive Ireland bowling with respect. Nothing wrong with using all the overs at their disposal.

Ireland bowled and fielded well and gave India a scare at one point, credit to them for that.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Chawla must go. And it'd be nice if Harbhajan looked a bit more like taking wickets (like he did in SA) rather than settling for 10-1-38-0 type figures.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
That's a bit condescending mate. I think Ireland did underperform with the bat. I mean they could have played Yuvraj a lot better. He bowled pretty well. But he wasn't blowling land mines.
As I say Jono, they did put up a fight, I agree more powerful teams might have played Yuvraj better but Ireland do lack the tools to really hurt us.

We needed one game plan today and frankly we got it spot on.

The plan was to turn up!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did Gambhir not know the short fine leg was there?

If so that's a horrible mistake at his level, lol.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did Gambhir not know the short fine leg was there?

If so that's a horrible mistake at his level, lol.
Mistimed it badly, ball didn't come on. He played a similar stroke successfully a short while before that.

Have been pretty critical of Yuvraj here in the past, but must say he adjusted to the situation and batted very maturely today. Had to after running Kohli out.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What was with the sweep from Sachin? Brain fart there too.

Completely not a clinical performance, but Ireland is clearly a decent side.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
You know I want to see how many runs India will concede against Netherlands.

Netherlands only managed 100+ runs/all out against WI & SA.

If India can do that too then I will be happy. But I doubt it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, the lack of a 'pacey' bowler hurts especially against minnows who may not be used to facing such speeds.

With that said, that one Irish bowler was faster than any Indian bowler, so maybe they're used to it after all :p.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What was with the sweep from Sachin? Brain fart there too.
Well that's the shot he played successfully against Swann, so it was ok, IMO. Somehow I had a hunch that he was going to play that slog sweep on that ball just when Dockrell was running in to bowl.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Frankly we only really needed one game plan today and we got that spot on, the plan was

TURN UP TO THE MATCH!

jeevan

International 12th Man
The only clinical aspect of todays game was Johnston's knee. Johnston bowled only one spell where he took out two of our top order.

Maybe you can call the Yusuf vs Dockerell duel - that lasted all of 5 balls as clinical, and of course Zaheer's opening spell where he got two but should've gotten three or four.

Blaze 18

Banned
Well done Ireland - that was a brilliant bowling and fielding performance. A pity they didn't beat Bangladesh the other day; the game was theirs for the taking. They will now have to beat one of South Africa-West Indies and Netherlands to qualify. Not impossible, certainly not, but it'll take a special effort to see them through.

India - fielding was an improvement from the last match. The dropped catch from Yusuf aside, it was okay. There is still room for improvement, though, in both fielding and running between the wickets. By my rough estimation, India lose out on at least five runs every match because of their running between the wickets. Also, it's good that all of the Indian batsmen now have runs under their belt. Yuvraj's return to form is very good news for India.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Well done Ireland - that was a brilliant bowling and fielding performance. A pity they didn't beat Bangladesh the other day; the game was theirs for the taking. They will now have to beat one of South Africa-West Indies and Netherlands to qualify. Not impossible, certainly not, but it'll take a special effort to see them through.

India - fielding was an improvement from the last match. The dropped catch from Yusuf aside, it was okay. There is still room for improvement, though, in both fielding and running between the wickets. By my rough estimation, India lose out on at least five runs every match because of their running between the wickets. Also, it's good that all of the Indian batsmen now have runs under their belt. Yuvraj's return to form is very good news for India.
Ireland can beat Netherlands. I am not too sure about beating SA and WI. But then again England lost to Ireland, but defeated SA. So maybe Ireland will beat SA!!

It doesn't work like that but I would love to see them pull an upset. I am sure Ireland will emerge victorious in one of their upcoming matches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ireland has done at least as much as Bangladesh IMO in terms of getting Test status. We can debate if Bangladesh was a mistake but at the very least, ICC should put them 'on track' to getting Test status, even if politically it's a much harder sell than Bangladesh was.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think we can really have much of a go at the Indian batting lineup other than Sehwag and Gambhir, who would definately deserve criticism for their dismissals. After they were out, India knuckled down and treated the perfectly competitive Ireland bowling with respect. Nothing wrong with using all the overs at their disposal.

Ireland bowled and fielded well and gave India a scare at one point, credit to them for that.
Some might argue Yuvraj selling Kohli down the river was less than optimal too.