• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 2 - Kenya v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!

ohhhhhhhh
A thing of beauty. Glorious.

Good call.
I'm always nervous when NZ's playing tbf. In fact, I'm always nervous in general.

NZ can't be that good. And Kenya can't be that bad. Something's gone wrong here..
That's harsh on NZ. We often do this against lesser teams.

For example.
1st Match: Ireland v New Zealand at Aberdeen, Jul 1, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
3rd ODI: New Zealand v Bangladesh at Queenstown, Dec 31, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
18th Match, Group C: Canada v New Zealand at Gros Islet, Mar 22, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

And many more. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oops.

Glad when i woke up at 3.50am i turned over and went back to sleep. I was tempted to get up. Good decision i think.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I an hearing a rumour that there was a minor insurrection in the kenya team yesterday. Coach has no influence on senior team and its rubbing off on the kids.

Woodster

International Captain
Was very disappointed today by Kenya, they were facing a NZ side pretty low on confidence after their recent ODI defeats, yet Kenya just never turned up.

Was personally looking forward to seeing Waters and Obanda at the top, but they were just not allowed to get any momentum into the innings. They looked nervous and very cautious. Waters style means his role is presumably to bat long into the innings and not be overly worried by his strike rate, but he didn't turn the strike over nearly enough, especially against the slow bowling.

Then came the procession of wickets, the majority to full deliveries directed accurately into the stumps. Both Bennett and later in the innings, Southee, getting a hint of reverse into the plethora of right-handers, and more often than not, the Kenyans were just too late on the stroke. Tikolo's ageing eyes and reflexes a prime example. Great picture above by the way.

Selection for NZ will be interesting for Australia when Mills returns, Bennett has certainly made a strong case for his inclusion, but I don't expect too many other sides to find him so unplayable. But he had a gameplan for today and it worked perfectly, credit to him (and AD).

With only 69 on the board it was a hopeless task for Kenya's bowlers, and Guptill treated them with absolute disdain. McCullum tried going hard at them too, but struggled with his timing, seemed a little bit of a two-paced pitch. Guptill was typically sumptuous down the ground, and the job was done in no time. Perfect start for NZ, anymore days like this for Kenya and it may feel like a longer World Cup than it's already elongated schedule suggests it will be.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was personally looking forward to seeing Waters and Obanda at the top, but they were just not allowed to get any momentum into the innings. They looked nervous and very cautious. Waters style means his role is presumably to bat long into the innings and not be overly worried by his strike rate, but he didn't turn the strike over nearly enough, especially against the slow bowling.
Waters and Obanda were a bit disappointing but they at least showed the requisite technique to get forward and defend full balls off the quicks early in their innings which is more than you can say for every other batsman bar possibly Patel. They looked a class above the other batsmen which is a depressing state of affairs when you consider the innings they actually played.

Bun

Banned
Another minnow match just about making ICC's decision not to have any minnows in the next cup look like genius. If need be, they can incorporate the topmost minnow, that should be it.

Woodster

International Captain
Waters and Obanda were a bit disappointing but they at least showed the requisite technique to get forward and defend full balls off the quicks early in their innings which is more than you can say for every other batsman bar possibly Patel. They looked a class above the other batsmen which is a depressing state of affairs when you consider the innings they actually played.
I suppose in comparison to most of the others, their technique looked better I agree, although that isn't saying too much. I will reserve making too much judgement on them on the basis of this showing, and will wait till the end of the tournament.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was embarrassing to watch. The wicket was awful but Bennett was bowling almost gun barrel half volleys. Not going to be a pretty sight against Pak if Bennett was too quick for them.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
All in all it was the line of panic that has become all too familiar with kenya's batting these days. Here's hoping they get their heads together for wednesday

BeeGee

International Captain
Mark Richardson and that other guy on the Crowd Goes Wild also said it :huh:
From Bill Frindall, considered an authority when it comes to scoring/rules etc:

"A hat-trick can never involve more than two innings because it can only be achieved within one match."