• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A General Discussion

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I personally think Pakistan have a good chance of at least reaching the semis, because most of our players are FTBs, so we might see an Afridi and Razzaq special a fair few times.

cricpk

U19 12th Man

pup11

International Coach
For me in Group A, Zimbabwe is the team that's most 'likely' to cause an upset. They have some experience of playing in the sub-continent thanks to their tours of Bangladesh and they also have a few decent players in their worldcup squad.

Angi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You never can really write off Pakistan, in any cricketing tournament.

We can all expect them to surprise us and then they'll lose to Ireland.

It seems strange but even after losing the Ashes, Australia still look like the team to beat.

smash84

The Tiger King
You never can really write off Pakistan, in any cricketing tournament.

We can all expect them to surprise us and then they'll lose to Ireland.

It seems strange but even after losing the Ashes, Australia still look like the team to beat.
well said

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yawn... wish this World Cup would hurry up and start. The annoying thing is that, with that schedule, once it does start it'll still feel like an eternity between (interesting) matches.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
World Cup 2011: Canada asks ICC to help resolve visa problems | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

I just don't understand why only Canada is facing this problem, because other countries like South Africa have Pakistani born players.

My other concern is what if Pakistan qualifies for the quarter finals, will there be any visa problems?:unsure:
Shouldn't be a problem...Pak hockey team visited India for CWG and other Pak athletes also went and participated..don't see an issue here.

salman85

International Debutant
Not currently.I'm in Pakistan.

Some friends and I are planning to travel for the World Cup but we're not sure about the Visa situation.

I have a British passport though.