• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

Shri

Mr. Glass
We have got Nehra, Zak and Munaf and we are rarely going to play 3 pace bowlers. Should just pick a batter or a spinner in PK's place.

Howe_zat

Audio File
****. Teja and I have got him in the draft.

India will definately need another squad seamer considering their wealth of spin options and Zaheer's fitness issues.

Chance of seeing Sree called up? ~ 40%

Chance of Sree being responsible? ~ 90%

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bowling does look threadbare and so inconsistent.. it's so important for India for the new-ball bowlers to pick up a wicket or two because it could be the difference between conceding <250 and >350 (when they're playing one of the top sides).

Cruxdude

International Debutant
This is a big blow for us. While Munaf has done good in the recent games, I feel he is a bit suspect when people go after him. I don't see India playing 2 spinners too. Hope Nehra gets back his mojo.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
remove yuvraj for kholi .. keep raina and yusuf

comeon guy s, those 2 cannot be ignored in subcontinent conditions at any cost

yuvraj on the other hand hasnt performed for nearly an year now .. ****s need to go!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
remove yuvraj for kholi .. keep raina and yusuf

comeon guy s, those 2 cannot be ignored in subcontinent conditions at any cost

yuvraj on the other hand hasnt performed for nearly an year now .. ****s need to go!
Yuvraj may not have performed with the bat.

But he has performed with the ball. And that is what is keeping him in the team.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
but now when u have yusuf and raina and sehwag in the team

i can say surely that these 3 together can chip in a 10 over performance lot better than yuraj

in fact yusuf can do it all alone if he wants

and this coupled with kohli's batting surely make yuvraj liable to exclusion from the team

i hope he is removed for our team's sake

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
but now when u have yusuf and raina and sehwag in the team

i can say surely that these 3 together can chip in a 10 over performance lot better than yuraj

in fact yusuf can do it all alone if he wants

and this coupled with kohli's batting surely make yuvraj liable to exclusion from the team

i hope he is removed for our team's sake

Yusuf has proved time and again that he is not that good in ODI's as a bowler.

Sehwag is also too expensive in ODI's and has shoulder/back problems too and may not be able to bowl.

And all of Bhajji, Sehwag ,Raina ,Yusuf are off spinners who can be really expensive when they get a flat surface.

Yuvraj is a guarantee for 5/6 overs atleast every game ,and offers something different to the other offspinners in terms of variety as he bowls left arm and is more effective to right handers.

I really won't be comfortable relying on Yusuf and Raina every game to bowl 10 overs minimum ,let alone when they would have to bowl more as Nehra rarely completes his full quota and when all of the rest of the bowlers ,Munaf ,ZAK and Bhajji are prone to have a off day.

Blaze 18

Banned
As for Yuvraj Singh, there is no way we are going to drop him. He is our best ODI batsman when he gets going, bar none.