• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's like when someone says, "he's been proven to have a weakness against good swing bowling on helpful wickets"...just like every other batsman in history.

Not really a problem.

When he has a weakness against **** swing/seam bowling on flat decks then he has become Mike Hussey.
Fix'd

Spark

Global Moderator
Good point, although some are more vulnerable than others (Marcus North and Michael Hussey say hello)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When people start going on and on about a certain batsman's weakness being 'the good length away swinger just outside or on offstump.'

NEWSFLASH. This is, and has been, every test batsman in existence's weakness. Ok, some may be slightly better at facing them than others, but (for example), Dravid occasionally nicking a beauty does not mean he has suddenly developed an achilles heel.

It means he got a damn good delivery and got out.
Chris Martin is probably one of the best international batsmen at combating this, tbh. Not good enough to get the edge, so it's not a weakness of his.

Flem274*

123/5
Harbhijan Singh. Worst **** to deny you a victory. The piece of **** will probably bowl us out too. Why couldn't he just have another bitchfight with Sreesanth and piss off?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Peter Roebuck

Stop writing articles about multiculturalism and pretending they're about cricket FFS. Does it relentlessly.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Commentators at the end of a close limited over game: "<winning team> held its nerves to win the game". They invariably say that even if the winning run came from an outside edge. Hate it.

Spark

Global Moderator
What really grinds my gears?

People calling players "soft". Nah, there isn't such a thing as form, or being outplayed, or whatever. It must be them being "soft". **** it annoys me.

Also people using this series as an excuse to push their own tired ****ty agendas "LOL Ponting is a **** player LOL" "LOL Clarke should never have played tests LOL". GAGFC.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chuckers

Might come as a surprise to some (:ph34r:) but they really do enervate me considerably. Now, for the purposes of CW atmos/sanity, I'll exclude Murali from the discussion as his crooked elbows and elastic wrists muddy the waters, but as far as I'm aware the likes of Botha and Ajmal have no congenital elbow malformations yet, blow me, if they don't look to be the filthiest of throwers.

One of the very basic tenets of our beloved sport is that we have bowlers rather than pitchers, yet the aforementioned (plus Shillingford, Shoaib Malik, Kane Williamson, etc) all seem to chuck with impunity.

Being reported seems to have very little effect and (I think) has only ever resulted in one meaningful ban for the egregiously awful Shabbir Ahmed.

Chucking is cricket's dirty little secret and it barely even draws comment anymore. Something needs to be done and done soon.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chuckers

Might come as a surprise to some (:ph34r:) but they really do enervate me considerably. Now, for the purposes of CW atmos/sanity, I'll exclude Murali from the discussion as his crooked elbows and elastic wrists muddy the waters, but as far as I'm aware the likes of Botha and Ajmal have no congenital elbow malformations yet, blow me, if they don't look to be the filthiest of throwers.

One of the very basic tenets of our beloved sport is that we have bowlers rather than pitchers, yet the aforementioned (plus Shillingford, Shoaib Malik, Kane Williamson, etc) all seem to chuck with impunity.

Being reported seems to have very little effect and (I think) has only ever resulted in one meaningful ban for the egregiously awful Shabbir Ahmed.

Chucking is cricket's dirty little secret and it barely even draws comment anymore. Something needs to be done and done soon.
How do you feel about Harbhajan's action?