• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Spark

Global Moderator
he's going 2 an over.
Because he's bowling really well and this pitch isn't easy to play on at all. Clarke's been quite aggressive where he can - he's even sweeping, a shot he plays about once every three years...

---

Oooh drop! Well, sort of. Don't think it's fair on Cook to call that a catch.

Geez this pitch is playing up nastily.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yawn. Calling this yet another test match draw now. Clarke to finish on 150-odd by the end of the test & Mussey on about 100 when rain calls an end to it tomorrow.
Are you watching? This is riveting Test cricket and the way the pitch is behaving, nothing will be saved for Australia until it's actually saved.

Spark

Global Moderator
This pitch is doing nothing for the quicks. But for Swann... wow. If these two survive this it'll be a very impressive achievement.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If these two can save it without the assistance of the weather, it will be one of the greatest match-saving efforts I've seen.

thierry henry

International Coach
are you ****ing kidding me? Have you ever played cricket?
Yes...I played on the weekend. I've been playing cricket be it club, school, indoor cricket, backyard cricket, whatever you like, for about 20 years, and have always been a bowler. I have NEVER appealed when I didn't think it was out. It wouldn't even occur to me to do it, which is why I can't understand how it's just accepted.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha what the **** was that?!

Then almost gets bowled!

Wow, this is incredible stuff.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes...I played on the weekend. I've been playing cricket be it club, school, indoor cricket, backyard cricket, whatever you like, for about 20 years, and have always been a bowler. I have NEVER appealed when I didn't think it was out. It wouldn't even occur to me to do it, which is why I can't understand how it's just accepted.
Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I'm a qualified umpire, and many (okay, maybe a few times), I've been walking back to my bowling mark whilst the team appeals on my behalf. However, the stakes in a game of international cricket are a lot larger, and many appeals could be considered legitimate. The worst over appealers tend to be the spinners - Panesar, Harbhajan, Warne

Also, at club level, a lot of the players don't know the rules for Lbws and appeal for bloody stupid ones.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
The next ball was about 2mm from bowling him though.
Yeah it's not the ball I'm talking about which he hit for six, it's having that kind of mentality against this kind of bowling - it will get you out some time or another, and it almost did the next delivery.