• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And 12 of the others were against NZ.

So far he has beaten up minnows.

At least Finn has a 5 for against a side ranked in the top 5.
He hasn't got a chance to bowl against a top 5 side, apart from India (where he was good) and SA (on debut, wasn't that strong pre-2009/10). Most of Finn's wickets were tailenders. Reckon Bollinger would've got a 5-fer had he played.

howardj

International Coach
The question on everyone's lips is, what will happen if we lose the Ashes?
Well, hopefully heads will roll - and we'll have a clean out.

Now, I don't want to be a nark or a drama queen or a ranter :laugh: but I do think it's a wee bit cosy in Australian cricket. We've slipped to fifth, however the coach gets reappointed, the chairman of selectors remains, and serial underachievers continue to be picked (North, Hussey etc). It seems the only person who cops it in the neck is whoever the poor old spinner is at the time :laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Well, hopefully heads will roll - and we'll have a clean out.

Now, I don't want to be a nark or a drama queen or a ranter :laugh: but I do think it's a wee bit cosy in Australian cricket. We've slipped to fifth, however the coach gets reappointed, the chairman of selectors remains, and serial underachievers continue to be picked (North, Hussey etc). It seems the only person who cops it in the neck is whoever the poor old spinner is at the time :laugh:
Yep, IMO, we can still challenge for #1 side in the world, but everything has to go our way and that includes making the right selections and having the right behind the scenes people at our disposal. At the moment we don't.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not saying he should be dropped, I'm saying he shouldn't have been picked in the first place. Taking wickets against rubbish opposition is not a reason to rate a bowler if you ask me. I've watched every one of Finn's international games and he hasnt bowled anywhere near as well as the wickets column makes him look. Its easy to say he's taken 38 wickets etc but the fact of the matter is that I have yet to hear from anyone that rates him what he actually does with the ball that makes him good.
All Tremlett did was also take wickets against rubbish opposition. Picking Tremlett would not have been terrible, but in the end I'm glad we didn't go the way we went in 06/07, dropping a player who had done nothing wrong right before the first match, causing a fuss and putting extra pressure on the one who came in.

Burgey

The question on everyone's lips is, what will happen if we lose the Ashes?
Mate it's one thing to be worried about the form of the team, it's quite another to go about sprouting ridiculous stuff like that.

Spotted a Yeti lately?

howardj

International Coach
Would kill me to see Strauss holding up the Urn in Sydney.

Equivalent to someone off the street coming into your loungeroom with dirty boots, sitting on your favourite chair and drinking the beer out of your fridge.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All Tremlett did was also take wickets against rubbish opposition. Picking Tremlett would not have been terrible, but in the end I'm glad we didn't go the way we went in 06/07, dropping a player who had done nothing wrong right before the first match, causing a fuss and putting extra pressure on the one who came in.
:cool:

Liking the subtle dig at Oz A.

Burgey

Would kill me to see Strauss holding up the Urn in Sydney.

Equivalent to someone off the street coming into your loungeroom with dirty boots, sitting on your favourite chair and drinking the beer out of your fridge.
And ****ing your dog.

Can't believe you left that out.

Midwinter

State Captain
We are starting to expect a lot from a young man that, yes, he has got talent, but really hasn't matured or developed into the cricketer that he can be.
It wasn't that long ago that people his age would be retiring from test cricket because they had other responibilites in life.

When is a 30 year old bloke going to mature ??

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I would be pleased to see Johnson go. I really thought he was going to be a key player for the Aussies this series, bat as well as ball.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would be pleased to see Johnson go. I really thought he was going to be a key player for the Aussies this series, bat as well as ball.
Even after the last test and given current form?

I doubt any English person wouldn't want him there in Adelaide. He gave you guys 170 runs in Brisbane.