• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ach, that's tough. Once you hit the wall, you hit the wall. There's very little chance of coming back after 3 hours kip from 2am to 5am.

But there's no easy way out. My approach of toughing it out beyond lunch has been proven to fail consistently over the years.
I used to work nights so for 2 series i was fine when i wasn't at work and used to listen most of the time when i was,last one was tough as i no longer worked nights and the amount of times i woke up at 4am cold on the sofa after dozing off during lunch was unreal.Have a plan this year,iron the kids school clothes and make their lunches during the interval.Should take up 40 minutes if i drag it out with a coffee.

Woodster

International Captain
My general plan is to watch till lunch, before I retire to bed, record the rest of it. and watch it the following day, as I have booked the entire series off!!Can't wait, may even book the time off for the tour game against Aussies 'A' side aswell to heighten the build-up excitement.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
For the 09 Ashes I pretty much booked most of the series off, but with this one being so late in the year I've saved hardly any leave.

Woodster

International Captain
For the 09 Ashes I pretty much booked most of the series off, but with this one being so late in the year I've saved hardly any leave.
Bit of patience required mate, it's been a long old slog, but the thought of the Ashes has just about kept me going! Although it is easy to get giddy and book time off in the summer especially if we have a sunny day forecast! I do get a fair few holidays to play with aswell.

My girlfriend's not too happy, not had a day off with her for much of the year, but got plenty booked in for the cricket!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
After the first day (exam the next day) its plain sailing for me, have 9 days left of holiday (had 14 before this week) and even saving 4 for over Christmas i should have enough to get most days in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My general plan is to watch till lunch, before I retire to bed, record the rest of it. and watch it the following day, as I have booked the entire series off!!Can't wait, may even book the time off for the tour game against Aussies 'A' side aswell to heighten the build-up excitement.
If you have the whole series off why don't you just watch the lot live and sleep during the day?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The real irony for me is the fact that I might be asleep during parts of the series due to essentially living on English time depsite living in Sydney.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's for the best.

The phrase: cricsim is full of ****ing idiots gets 244,000 results on a google search.

Nuff said.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Heads up for those of us in the UK - Sky Mobile TV is free to Sky Sports 1 and 2 subscribers until December 31st, so if you've got an iPhone, free cricket on your phone. :D