• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Victoria seems to have gone with a really bowler heavy side.

1. Matthew Wade
2. Aaron Finch
3. Brad Hodge
4. Cameron White (capt)
5. David Hussey
6. Andrew McDonald
7. Ryan Carters

From there, you have Hastings and Sheridan, both similar players (bowling all-rounders, happy to have them batting @ 8, but Sheridan's bowling isn't quite up to being picked as a pure bowler at this stage, IMO). Then you have Siddle, McKay, Harwood and McGain to fit in there as well.

Interesting omissions, with Rogers (who remember moved to Victoria for games in the shorter format) and Nannes not there.

Unfortunately, this means that Nannes will be bowling at the Camberwell Magpies this weekend. :dry:

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Abott got a 100 in the futures game,and was in the under 19 oz squad,vs henriques,who is inconsistent.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not one of those guys who backs off when playing grade cricket then?
Hmm, not really. He's hardly played over the past two or three years, but I'm imagining that he'll be pretty up and about to try and prove himself. Also one of his best mates (I'm pretty sure) has become Capt/Coach of his club (Lloyd Mash).

I can't believe that they picked Harwood ahead of him, although I haven't seen either of them in recent times.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
For anyone who doesn't know, if you register with the australia cricket family (its free on cricket australias site) you can watch live streams of the Sheffield Shield matches this season. Looks to have all the matches lined up for it. Should be a good addition last year it only seemed to have the odd match and from mroe fixed cameras this seems to be filmed decently.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
So Will Sheridan is an opening batsman now? Thats a brace move from batting 8 or 9, must have had a killer off season with the bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For anyone who doesn't know, if you register with the australia cricket family (its free on cricket australias site) you can watch live streams of the Sheffield Shield matches this season. Looks to have all the matches lined up for it. Should be a good addition last year it only seemed to have the odd match and from mroe fixed cameras this seems to be filmed decently.
That's gun as; will get plenty of use out of that.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Chris Rogers has an injury, an article is available on cricinfo on the matter. Jake Haberfield also has a broken thumb so he will be out for a while.

Noble One

I can't believe that they picked Harwood ahead of him, although I haven't seen either of them in recent times.
Harwood looking a pretty good pick at this stage of the game. I didn't expect Harwood to make much of an impact either. Looked like he was well down on pace in the CL.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Victoria 4-319 off the allocated 45 overs with Hodge making 134* and Finch 81...both should be in the A side

Hodge yet again proving that the Aussie selctors have no clue....North has a lock on a Test berth, while Hodge couldn't get a look in at any format....

robelinda

Its ridiculous, Hodge just owns domestic cricket in this country. Its all too easy for him. Finch is a super super talent, really confident guy and great hitter.He could be a really big player over the next decade for Australia. Looks a better prospect than Ferguson IMO, but both of them should need better 4 day records to break into test cricket.

Noble One

Finch without a doubt should be in the Australian T20 team. The Australian selectors are too braindead to realise domestic cricket has players like Finch ready-made for the format. They prefer to live in hope that Clarke may one day come good.

robelinda

Finch will play IPL next year, he did pretty well in the CL, gave every impression he is ready made for international cricket. Has a rock solid defence too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Finch without a doubt should be in the Australian T20 team. The Australian selectors are too braindead to realise domestic cricket has players like Finch ready-made for the format. They prefer to live in hope that Clarke may one day come good.
Exactly, instead they go for someone like Travis Birt. I would like to see Finch and Warner opening together.

Well done Vic on the big win, long season for WA I'm thinking..

Noble One

Western Australia do look in trouble this season. Reliant on two-three cricketers to do all the work. Out of the many benefits that would come from dropping Marcus North from the Test side, the biggest benefit is WA to obtain his services for a full season. North is both the best batsman and best spin bowler in WA.

robelinda

Western Australia do look in trouble this season. Reliant on two-three cricketers to do all the work. Out of the many benefits that would come from dropping Marcus North from the Test side, the biggest benefit is WA to obtain his services for a full season. North is both the best batsman and best spin bowler in WA.
Not to mention a complete douche of a coach.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I am hoping Finch will get a game in the australian side this year (hell even bring him as a backup to the world cup) and he has already played IPL with the royals and should get more game time this season i'd think (it's odd in the CL and in the domestic last night he still has a royals branded bat). First time i had seen mitch marsh play aswell he does look quite promising. bowled alittle erratic but i liked his yorkers to hodge later on in the game and his batting looked pretty good at times.