• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can I just say that in an age where administrators are trying to make cricket more appealing to the layman, isn't it counter-intuitive to make the game more confusing? Half the reason peoploe don't like cricket is because they don't 'get it'. They've got less chance now.

benchmark00

While I'm at it, Ryobi One-Day Cup sounds ghey.

I propose the Rib Runner Trophy.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can I just say that in an age where administrators are trying to make cricket more appealing to the layman, isn't it counter-intuitive to make the game more confusing? Half the reason peoploe don't like cricket is because they don't 'get it'. They've got less chance now.
Yeah, even I'm finding it a bit hard to fully 'feel' the flow of the game. The first two segments were fine but ever since the third one started I don't really know how to feel about how the game is poised. I'm just sort of waiting for the chase to start instead of enjoying the way the innings is being built.

Fully agree with your Rib Runner call too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Strongly hoping he smashes the SACA's to all parts when he plays against them.
On the subject of players leaving SA, did we ever establish whether Cleary rejected a contract offer because he wanted to move, or just wasn't offered one? If it's the latter I hope he destroys them with the pill and then hammers Putland around the park.

benchmark00

Yeah, even I'm finding it a bit hard to fully 'feel' the flow of the game. The first two segments were fine but ever since the third one started I don't really know how to feel about how the game is poised. I'm just sort of waiting for the chase to start instead of enjoying the way the innings is being built.

Fully agree with your Rib Runner call too.
Makes it even harder to answer my girlfriend when she asks 'who's winning'.

ffs, cook me some eggs, woman!

Top_Cat

On the subject of players leaving SA, did we ever establish whether Cleary rejected a contract offer because he wanted to move, or just wasn't offered one? If it's the latter I hope he destroys them with the pill and then hammers Putland around the park.
He was offered a contract initially but it gets murky after that. I think it was a similar situation to Harris, was only a year when he wanted 2, etc.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Well according to Jamie Cox, Cleary was offered a first round contract but Cleary denied it. On the other side of the story I think Brockley said Cleary was upset at missing out on a first round contract but het was hoping he could get a 2nd round contract. Whether he got offered a 2nd round contract by the SACA doesn't matter because there was a better deal on offer in Victoria.

Brockley found out this information on Cleary's facebook page I'm pretty sure :laugh:. Still can't get over how stupid the SACA is sometimes..

Last edited:

Burgey

Stop being serious, ****. It doesn't become you.

Think you're right though...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** that was ****.

Completely agree with Benchy. I get sick and tired of explaining the game to people already. Now I've just given up.

I understand the need for change, and my opposition to the split innings isn't because of a traditionalist reason. Its because it was a **** change.

benchmark00

They also need another way to set out the score on scorecards. Having the same layout as a 50 over format doesn't give you the full picture of what transpired.

Logistical problems all round.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I honestly don't get what splitting the innings does to add to the spectacle. Either bite the bullet and make it two separate innings or don't bother. Such a half-arsed change.