• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Btw, I'm generally not a huge fan of Wally Masur's commentary, but he got something right today.

Federer's shots of a half volley are the best in the game. So good.

I think it's fair to say Soder choked a bit though in that game.
True, even I agree with that. He double-faulted and made a few errors in that game. But Soderling didn't play well at any stage today, never got into his hitting rhythm at all. Credit to Federer for mixing it up nicely and keeping points short on his own serve.

Burgey

Most definitely. Knew someone would point that out when I posted that :cool:

hypocrtical posting ftw. :p
Yes, lucky I never do it to suit my own POV on any given day :ph34r:

Still think Fed will be happy to get past Soderling - bloke's a dangerous player no doubt.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Yes, lucky I never do it to suit my own POV on any given day :ph34r:

Still think Fed will be happy to get past Soderling - bloke's a dangerous player no doubt.
Indeed but I think it was in the way he did it. AKA straight sets (especially the first two he played rediculously well in) that will help his confidence.

vcs

Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi are in the men's doubles finals. :cool:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
So you're the person who likes Novak?

Think he's a **** personally.
I used to really hate him, but reckon he's a bit of champ now. Seems like a pretty quality guy and gives the best post-match interviews.

I can't go on hating someone because their father is a ****head.

vcs

I haven't done the calculations but I suppose Federer and Djokovic will be playing off for the No. 2 rank in the semis.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi are in the men's doubles finals. :cool:
well it was quite an obvious thing after they defeated that number 2 seeded pair

all the best to them in the finals

I haven't done the calculations but I suppose Federer and Djokovic will be playing off for the No. 2 rank in the semis.

is it so?

novak is so near to fed in rankings? i dont really think so .. can u make sure?

shivfan

Banned
Gonna put this out there, other than Rafa vs. Fed, Soder vs. Fed are the best matches to watch in tennis atm.
Didn't quite materialise, did it? There's still a huge gap between the duopoly of Federer-Nadal, and the rest of the field....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, because when you remove last years, Federer is only 70 ahead and if Djokovic beats him, he'll get much more than 70 points more than Federer this year.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Federer is 550 points ahead, so even if Djokovic beats him he'll still be 70 points ahead.
If Djokovic beats him he gains 480 points because he's defended semi final points from last year. That gets him to 7,145 regardless of the reslt in the final while Federer is at 6,735.

I could very well be going wrong somewhere here, but that's how I'm reading it.

EDIT: Didn't see it went to another page.

Last edited: