• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*NEW GAME LMS, starting March 26th* (English Football)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey brumbers if we both win, shall we go on the European Cup final, fancy Bayern myself. No it goes a bit against the rules but would finish the season neatly:)

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The experienced old heads show how it's done:

Fallers:

-

Standing:

grecian: chelsea 1 (v Portsmouth 0)
Brumby: Oxford 3 to beat York 1

Teams Used (To win in bold; to lose in Italics)

grecian: Manchester United; Tottenham Hotspur, Leeds United, Chelsea; Tottenham Hotspur, Bolton Wanderers, Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth
Brumby: Nottingham Forest, Aldershot, Manchester United, Oxford United; Plymouth, Lincoln City, Stoke City, York City

Hey brumbers if we both win, shall we go on the European Cup final, fancy Bayern myself. No it goes a bit against the rules but would finish the season neatly:)
Don't see the harm, tbh. I'll take Inter then. :)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
otherwise it would be blackpool and cardiff, and would mean one of us having to go for the welsh thugs.:-O

BoyBrumby

Englishman
LMS finally comes home. :cool:

Fallers:

grecian: Bayern 0 (v Inter 2)

The Last Man Standing:

Brumby: Inter 2
(v Bayern 0)

The Honour Roll:

Halsey 25/02-28/03/05
Cloete 01/04-18/04/05
Halsey 12/01-12/02/07
Brumby 23/02-26/03/07
Brumby, marc & Matteh (tied) 30/03-07/05/07
Brumby 10/08-17/09/07
Jamee 21/09-22/10/07
headhunter 26/10-26/11/07
Vimes 30/11-30/12/07
Halsey 05/01-04/02/08
grecian 08/02-24/03/08
altoz 28/03-05/05/08
Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
pasag 30/08-26/10/08
Matteh 01/11-01/12/08
roseboy 06/12-26/12/08
Simon 02/01-09/02/09
GIMH 14/02-23/03/09
fertang, SKD & Vimes (tied) 27/03-27/04/09
grecian 02/05-30/05/09
biased indian 07/08-07/09/09
biased indian 11/09-05/10/09
biased indian 09/10-23/11/09
grecian 28/11-21/12/2009
fertang 26/12/09-11/01/10
ripper 16/1-08/03/10
fertang & Somerset (tied) 12/3-19/4/10

Brumby 24/04-22/05/10

See you all next season! :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Back for 10/11

Yup, it's nearly upon us once more. :cool: If it seems no time since Spain lifted the world cup aloft that's because it isn't. But take your gripes about 12 month football seasons elsewhere pinko! Here at LMS we can never get enough of the beautiful game!

Anyway, we all know the rules: pick a team to win & if your selection wins you stay in; draw or defeat and it's curtains. You can only pick a team to win and to lose once in each running. Prem-conference, FA Cup and FA Trophy fixtures only.

& no editing of tips because it makes you blind and baby Jesus cry.

Fixtures from the BBC. Games played 6th-9th August only. & if a mod could change the thread title to drim up more trade that'd be peachy. :)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So if for example, I tip Norwich to win on Friday, that means I can't use them until the next competition?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So we can pick any team from the Engllish league system down till what level?

And is it applicable to other non english competitions as well?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
So if for example, I tip Norwich to win on Friday, that means I can't use them until the next competition?
Correct. Otherwise Chelsea-Chelsea-Chelsea gets very boring. You also wouldn't be able to back Watford to lose until the next competition.
So we can pick any team from the Engllish league system down till what level?

And is it applicable to other non english competitions as well?
English football only, Premiership, Championship, League One, League Two, Conference, FA Cup and FA Trophy only.

Stevenage to enter league football in style against Macclesfield.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, as Neil (&, indeed I):

pick a team to win & if your selection wins you stay in; draw or defeat and it's curtains. You can only pick a team to win and to lose once in each running. Prem-conference, FA Cup and FA Trophy fixtures only.
said. Sorry If that was confusing to anyone, he said passively agressively. :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Correct. Otherwise Chelsea-Chelsea-Chelsea gets very boring. You also wouldn't be able to back Watford to lose until the next competition.English football only, Premiership, Championship, League One, League Two, Conference, FA Cup and FA Trophy only.

Stevenage to enter league football in style against Macclesfield.
Included the conference last year

..... but definitely nay scottish teams

Reading excellent choice btw

Thanks .

Was just wondering seeing the CL final had been the tie breaker.

Last edited: