• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team are you supporting deep into the tournament?

Which team are you supporting?

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah the Dutch were my second team followed closely by daylight. Will be pretty disappointed if the Spanish win, probably deserve it though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah the Dutch were my second team followed closely by daylight. Will be pretty disappointed if the Spanish win, probably deserve it though.
Err how would they deserve it? By playing flashy football but being second best in most of their games?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not like you to be bitter because one of your predictions turned out to be total arse Scaly.

Scaly piscine

Not like you to be bitter because one of your predictions turned out to be total arse Scaly.
Any team can fluke their way through. They've not come up against any team playing particularly well and they should have been knocked out at least twice already. Two other times the teams gave them the win because of rank incompetence.

If you ran this tournament 100 times Spain would have made it to the final once. This is the once. Even I can't be held accountable for that sort of ridiculous luck.

Johnners

Any team can fluke their way through. They've not come up against any team playing particularly well and they should have been knocked out at least twice already. Two other times the teams gave them the win because of rank incompetence.

If you ran this tournament 100 times Spain would have made it to the final once. This is the once. Even I can't be held accountable for that sort of ridiculous luck.
Didn't you say the exact same thing about them winning euro '08 though? Don't you perhaps think it just maybe more than a co-incidence/ridiculous luck that they've won 1, and made it to the final of the other of the 2 most prominent international tournaments in the past 2 years?

Scaly piscine

Didn't you say the exact same thing about them winning euro '08 though? Don't you perhaps think it just maybe more than a co-incidence/ridiculous luck that they've won 1, and made it to the final of the other of the 2 most prominent international tournaments in the past 2 years?
They played even weaker opponents in Euro 2008. Their group and semi final were a total cakewalk. They only beat Italy on penalties and they beat one of the worst Germany sides of all time 1-0 in the final.

In this World Cup they've defaulted through most of the rounds because the opponents blew it. Germany's crossing would have been a joke even if Lennon and Wright-Phillips were on their wings. They buggered up two incredible chances to counter attack (one where they were 5 on 2 and they gave it away another where there was a foul just outside the box). Portugal and Paraguay had the better chances to get the crucial first goal.

Langeveldt

Soutie
The Springboks..

Every team I have wanted to progress (SA, England, then Chile) have just been miserable.. Either I shouldnt live in or make friends with people from useless footballing nations, or I should turn myself into some sort of inverse Octopus prophecy-of-doom..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

They played even weaker opponents in Euro 2008. Their group and semi final were a total cakewalk. They only beat Italy on penalties and they beat one of the worst Germany sides of all time 1-0 in the final.

In this World Cup they've defaulted through most of the rounds because the opponents blew it. Germany's crossing would have been a joke even if Lennon and Wright-Phillips were on their wings. They buggered up two incredible chances to counter attack (one where they were 5 on 2 and they gave it away another where there was a foul just outside the box). Portugal and Paraguay had the better chances to get the crucial first goal.
Yeah, sure, you win the world cup and Euro on pure luck and fluke.