• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This game has really made me not upset at all at the US's loss. US deserved to lose based on yesterdays performance on its own, but regardless of that, both of these teams are so clearly so much higher quality that it makes sense.

I think if US Soccer wants to get to the level of the top Euro or South American clubs, the only way ahead is to try to get some of our best athletes to choose soccer. If Wayne Rooney had been an American, I bet he'd be a running back in the NFL.

Also, it sucks yet again that a team I'm supporting got hosed by the ref. Not that it matters at this point mind you. Anyway, sucks to have two teams you like getting out in two days...

At least I'm supporting Argentina in their bout against Mexico, and if they go out, at least it'll have been an amazing game.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Horrible defending, horrible management, horrible decision from the linesman.

England would have just gotten taken apart by fat boy Maradona's charges anyway. But the turning point was still that goal ruled out. 2-2 is a completely different game and maybe then ****wits like Terry might not randomly charge up front and leave us outnumbered on the counter attack.

Sir Alex

Banned

England would have just gotten taken apart by fat boy Maradona's charges anyway. But the turning point was still that goal ruled out. 2-2 is a completely different game and maybe then ****wits like Terry might not randomly charge up front and leave us outnumbered on the counter attack.
Stop whingeing. Even at 2-2 Germany would have done this. All the more because the lazy English defence would get all the more lazier if that could be possible. It's not as if Germany's first 2 goals all came despite tight defending.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Stop whingeing. Even at 2-2 Germany would have done this. All the more because the lazy English defence would get all the more lazier if that could be possible. It's not as if Germany's first 2 goals all came despite tight defending.
**** off and let him whinge and stop predicting the unknown with certainty.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if US Soccer wants to get to the level of the top Euro or South American clubs, the only way ahead is to try to get some of our best athletes to choose soccer. If Wayne Rooney had been an American, I bet he'd be a running back in the NFL.
Someone who knows more about football than me will no doubt be able to disagree, but I would have thought football isn't a game for athletes who have barely played the game at a young age. It strikes me as the type of sport that the very best have been playing since they were little kids.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

Germany would have attacked more if the score was 2-2 I reckon. They went a bit defensive (only slightly) once they were ahead 2-1. I reckon it could have been 8-2. Completely different game? Aye.

Scaly piscine

Err yea of course Germany would have just sat back and waited for the 2 v 2 counter attacks.

Sir Alex

Banned
**** off and let him whinge and stop predicting the unknown with certainty.
Lol @ the irony of it..

Hard to cope it I know.. but overexpectations are always brought down wuth a thud like this. Despite my love for English soccer I am enjoying this because of fans like you.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
England football fans are possibly worse than us Indian cricket fans. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Lol @ the irony of it..

Hard to cope it I know.. but overexpectations are always brought down wuth a thud like this. Despite my love for English soccer I am enjoying this because of fans like you.
Good Im glad you are enjoying it. Trolling threads where people genuinely care about something is an artform. Personally I had no over expectations. I never thought this England team was very good. And the selections even worse. Ill cope fine as you seem to have me confused with someone else.

Im very disappointed with England but the World still turns and my kids are still healthy. It isnt a big deal. Granted I dont live in England so I will not have to deal with the press or the public so it will be easier to avoid.

Oh, and **** off.

duffer

Called it before the tournie that these Germans were badass. Hope Argentina go through and play these guys. Will be an incredible game to watch.