• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Hmm would quite like the moronic declaration to blow up in Smith's face. Unlikely, but there's a chance.

Oh and again, seriously pointless picking someone as all-round inept as Harris.
And people were saying that "Harris was better than Benn" before these Tests started!! :laugh: .

akilana

International 12th Man
And people were saying that "Harris was better than Benn" before these Tests started!! :laugh: .
Actually his record and the rankings approve that he is better than Benn. But at the moment Harris is struggling on flat wickets.. so is Benn.

The fact is both are average but Harris has had a better career so far and the stats reflects it.. re-check if you doubt it.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Actually his record and the rankings approve that he is better than Benn. But at the moment Harris is struggling on flat wickets.. so is Benn.

The fact is both are average but Harris has had a better career so far and the stats reflects it.. re-check if you doubt it.
Agreed but I really can't understand why as Harris can hardly turn the ball off the square.

Tbh Shillingford is miles better than either of them.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Christ, Nash going along at a S/R in the 70's? How did the Saffies let that happen?!

WindieWeathers

International Regular

As i've said before the stats don't tell the full story, both Benn and Harris are on the same pitch now and Benn is taking on the number two ranked side in the world while Harris is facing a team who's been in total meltdown and who's taken the most wickets and looked more dangerous? :unsure: Benn's no Murali but it's obvious he looks better than Harris right now.

I agree with Beamer about Shilly though, to me he looks like he could be the next Swann, and i said that before he even played in these tests to be honest.

Top_Cat

Any word about your mate Dowlin Mike? :laugh: i'm surprised you even have the cheek to try and call me out on that one, Chanders has been shocking for the past year and Nash didn't cover himself in glory in the first Test either :unsure: , granted it's nice to see the lads prove that they are actually proper cricketers for a change but like the second test against Australia last December the hard work is only likely to get us a draw in the end.
Can't help but feel you're missing the point. The only team fighting for a draw on day 5 was Australia, the WI just didn't quite have the bowling support to take advantage of the great batting by Gayle after Benn and Roach put them in with a chance on day 3 (you'll always struggle when Bravo is your 1st change).

And this Test is a perfect example of why you don't drop class players just because they're having a bad trot.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Can't help but feel you're missing the point. The only team fighting for a draw on day 5 was Australia, the WI just didn't quite have the bowling support to take advantage of the great batting by Gayle after Benn and Roach put them in with a chance on day 3 (you'll always struggle when Bravo is your 1st change).

And this Test is a perfect example of why you don't drop class players just because they're having a bad trot.
I understand we had Australia in trouble in that Test, but it seems that these days our big performances seem to be in vain, the senior players seem to always turn up when we are already behind (one nil down in the series), why didn't they play like this in the first test? 8-) that's my argument.

Mr Mxyzptlk

LOL @ questioning whether Chanders and Nash are proper cricketers.

Some things never change. And some things I truly do not miss.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
LOL @ questioning whether Chanders and Nash are proper cricketers.

And clearly you distorting my opinion hasn't "changed" either Mr M!!..:unsure: that's something i certainly haven't missed too!! :laugh: ,

I was merely talking about the teams performance in the first Test, being all out for 102 was schoolboy stuff and simply unacceptable!!.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't be mad because i know a good spinner when i see one!! :laugh: .
Rate him so much that in the past few months you've advocated at least 2 other spinners ahead of him?

Like I said, make enough crazy predictions and one will eventually come right.

However the other calls (such as dropping Chanderpaul and Nash) kind of outweigh the one success (if 7 wickets @ an average of over 50 can be called a success)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Rate him so much that in the past few months you've advocated at least 2 other spinners ahead of him?

Like I said, make enough crazy predictions and one will eventually come right.

However the other calls (such as dropping Chanderpaul and Nash) kind of outweigh the one success (if 7 wickets @ an average of over 50 can be called a success)
And who would those "two spinners" be then? 8-) because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,

Secondly i simply think it's time for the younger generation to get a chance, as good as Nash and Chanders have been in this Test they were shocking in the last one, Collin Croft has called for the seniors to be dropped too, a legend of a bowler who knows the game inside out so do you believe you know more about cricket than he does? :unsure: .

Last edited:

L Trumper

State Regular
And who would those "two spinners" be then? 8-) because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,

Secondly i simply think it's time for the younger generation to get a chance, as good as Nash and Chanders have been in this Test they were shocking in the last one, Collin Croft has called for the seniors to be dropped too, a legend of a bolwer who knows the game inside out so do you believe you know more about cricket than he does? :unsure: .

There are countless former cricketers who say you don't bleed entire set of new players at the same time. You think you know better cricket than all of'em?:unsure:
You know what don't bother to answer that, you do think that.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
There are countless former cricketers who say you don't bleed entire set of new players at the same time. You think you know better cricket than all of'em?:unsure:
You know what don't bother to answer that, you do think that.
My point is the notion that the seniors should be dropped WAS NOT JUST MY OPINION, respected people inside the game in the West Indies have also expressed the same views, you and others might think it's "mad", but that's easy to say when it's not your team that's suffering :unsure: .

L Trumper

State Regular
My point is the notion that the seniors should be dropped WAS NOT JUST MY OPINION, respected people inside the game in the West Indies have also expressed the same views, you and others might think it's "mad", but that's easy to say when it's not your team that's suffering :unsure: .
Well as far back as I can remember I have always supported WI, just because i ain't born there, doesn't make it not my team.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Very pleased to see the WI carry on after Gayle was out. I feared a Windies collapse, especially with Chanderpaul looking terribly scratchy at the beginning and Bravo coming in at 6. I do think WI have the best chance out of the two teams to win this game, though of course, an incredibly small chance. Best bet would be to notch up 600 asap tonight and see if they can make inroads into the SA lie up. Unlikely, but it could happen.

I think it's incredibly unfair to criticise the 'senior' players after they improved on their previous performance in the first Test. Had they scored mountains of runs in the first test then bomb out here I think it'd be fair to be up in arms, but this is clearly a good sign to see Chanderpaul and Nash back in the runs after a deprived stretch.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
NO problem with blooding young players but they've had to have been playing well for at least two seasons. Chesney Hughes does well for the rest of this season and next and I wouldn't mind him getting a chance. Bravo does well next season and I'm all for him getting a chance.

Mr Mxyzptlk

And clearly you distorting my opinion hasn't "changed" either Mr M!!..:unsure: that's something i certainly haven't missed too!! :laugh: ,

I was merely talking about the teams performance in the first Test, being all out for 102 was schoolboy stuff and simply unacceptable!!.
I didn't quote you or address anything toward you. That you think I did speaks for itself. :p