• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe Tri-Series (Zimbabwe, India, Sri Lanka)

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Chandimal's keeping looked very sound. Combined with the fact that he gan give it a thwack, he's breating down the neck of Kapugedara for a place in first XI.

Jeewan Mendis' leg breaks have improved a lot since last time I saw him playing. How possesses a slider and a googly too. Had nice loop and some turn as well. Ball to dismiss Utseya was a gem. He may be sending some strong messages at Ajantha Mendis. If his bowling becomes decent he's sure to play as a slow bowling all rounder

Himannv

International Coach
I liked the performance of the three spinners on the whole. Hope Randiv and Jeevan Mendis are more permanent fixtures in the side however. The two of them looked really sharp and efficient. Plue both can bat as well.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
What are India doing?

Full credit to Zimbabwe on the way they are playing, and perhaps this is a really difficult pitch to bat on. I understand they are resting a few (ie. all) of their senior players which is their choice, but you would hope that as a cricket-mad nation with 1 billion people, even without Tendulkar/Dravid/Yuvrag/Tendulkar/Dhoni/Sehwag/etc. they could somehow find 11 people good enough to defeat Zimbabwe. But apparently not.

Sir Alex

Banned
I understand they are resting a few (ie. all) of their senior players which is their choice, but you would hope that as a cricket-mad nation with 1 billion people, even without Tendulkar/Dravid/Yuvrag/Tendulkar/Dhoni/Sehwag/etc. they could somehow find 11 people good enough to defeat Zimbabwe.
The name's so nice
that you gotcha say it twice :naughty:

Seriously another pathetic performance by Indians. This is NOT their second best XI, and if they think so, the selector morons are seriously ****ed. How in the hell they go into an International tournament with just 4 genuine batsmen, and that too B grade, god only knows.:laugh:

Just to tarnish the name of Indian cricket.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Vijay and Karthik, **** off already. Should have picked Uthappa to open along with Naman Ojha.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Seems like it was a slow pitch?

Ojha opening the bowling also suggests that.

If Mishra and Ojha bowl well its not over yet for the underdog Indians :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
hope I don't jinx him but Brendon Taylor is my favorite non test playing nation cricketer.

Sir Alex

Banned
for being less useless then Yousuf.
They aren't "substitutable" though. Both of them are crap and there is no "Pathan" quota. Need to get in Abishek Nayar or one among the Pujaras/Tiwarys. And heck stop this moronic non selection of Ishant and Sreesanth FFS.