• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin's innings was Kallis-like and Ganguly-like, unfortunately....
:dry:
It was more appropriate for the longer forms of the game.
Well yes, he will take his share of the blame like everyone else, I'm sure. Mumbai missed too many opportunities today, dropped catches, bad decisions etc. all came back to cost them.

chicane

State Captain
Well done CSK. This IPL was actually quite a lot of fun!

Dhoni adds another feather to his cap. Go win us the t20 world cup next!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At the end of the day, Mumbai choked on the biggest stage. Mix of bad fielding, poor captaincy and horrible batting tactics cost them.

Problem with Harbhajan is whilst he didn't cost many balls being wasted, his wicket resulted inm Chennai further getting their tails up.

Now sleep time for real :ph34r:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Vicky Pollard probably would have given MI a chance if he was used effectively. Why on earth were Harbhajan, Tiwary, Rayudu and Duminy batted ahead of him? I could understand Nayar, as having Pollard come in at 1st drop would have been a little early, but Harbhajan at 4? =/

Bout time that CSK lived up to their potential though. Been carried by 2 or 3 players in the first 2 IPL's, but finally worked well as a team and won the competition. Very good performance from them today.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Vicky Pollard probably would have given MI a chance if he was used effectively. Why on earth were Harbhajan, Tiwary, Rayudu and Duminy batted ahead of him? I could understand Nayar, as having Pollard come in at 1st drop would have been a little early, but Harbhajan at 4? =/

Bout time that CSK lived up to their potential though. Been carried by 2 or 3 players in the first 2 IPL's, but finally worked well as a team and won the competition. Very good performance from them today.
Think Rayudu and Tiwary correctly batted ahead of him. They are good players of spin and would have set it up perfectly. But Duminy and Bhajji was totally wacko.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Duminy I'd have kept below practically everyone tbh. He's improved quite a bit at T20 but he's still not the sort of player who you'd want to come in to score at 11+ an over - which was the required rate when the wickets fell. Him coming in ahead/instead of Pollard was a truly horrible choice.

pasag

RTDAS
Told my mate weeks a go that Mumbai were setting themselves for a massive choke in the final and sadly that's come true. They've been far and away the best side throughout the tournament proper and it's sad that that will be quickly forgotten.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Matthew Hayden- worst ever T20 innings in a winning cause?
In essence if he had've lost his wicket earlier then Chennai might've pannicked. I think that's Hayden's last game cause he once said that he'd keep playing until Chennai won a title.

Harbhajan batting ahead of Duminy? You are kidding yourself, Tendulkar.

Sir Alex

Banned
What a win by Mi!

Almost like Australian wins of their glory past, so far have just rolled on like a juggernauth.

Still believe it's more of dependent on Sachin to provide the base, and Pollard to provide the finishing. But glad a core has developed around them in Slinger, Junior Dhoni and Rayudu. This was what they lacked last year and the one before that.

Meanwhile let not the negatives go unnoticed. Dhawan has gone clearly off boil after one or two good games, Bhajji looked terribly pedestrian, and truth be told I was suprised him possessing an eco rate of 7 this IPL! Obviously has benefited from bowling when much of the good work was done, and today when the pressure was on, he was taken apart.

Zak is a beauty to watch when in rhythm, almost unplayable, but otherwise can look very ordinary.

The last two have to step up in the finals. Can't expect the 5 to do the job everytime.

Dilhara has always been so frustrating. The moment you think he's finally got over it, he'll take the plunge back to direness, taking the team with him. So far hasn't done nothing but good for Mi, but I hope, pray that he does it in the finals too, and we don't have a repeat of WC07 final.

Oh and no way Nayar bat so high up the order, not with the match practise he's had after coming off the injury. Was strictly a traveller today, and looked lethargic (idiotically tried adjusting his shoe midway while 'walking' a single! A more agile fielder and he'd been in trouble)

Pollard! Wafg!
Gutted. Had called it earlier, that Dhawan and Nayar shouldn't have batted so up in the order.

Also Zak put down a catch and bowled a terrible over which took the game away from the Indians.

It was **** to see Duminy coming ahead of Pollard. Seemed unreal. Would like to know the explanation for making in form Tiwary and Rayudu bat so late in the order, can only understand their plight after having done all the good work.

Well played to Chennai.

Loved the Pollard slaughter of Doug Btw.

R_D

International Debutant
Sachin's innings was Kallis-like and Ganguly-like, unfortunately....
:dry:
It was more appropriate for the longer forms of the game.
It might have had something to do with the stitches in his hand.... Sachin didn't play any forceful shots..... Most of the shots were good timing for 4...
They got the batting order horribly wrong though.... Nayarit at 1 down... Big WTF moment... Mind you there was alot of them last night... Harbhajan and than at the end JP coming ahead of Pollard.....
Well done to Chennai the most consistent team of IPL... Well deserved.