• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Bangladesh

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Although Bangladesh haven't won a game again they have been very promising, perhaps if umpiring had gone their way a bit more they could have won a game or two (and perhaps this test).

The real positive point of this tour (and others of late) has been the batting, I feel that the decline and subsequent dropping of Ashraful has been one of the most positive moves BD cricket have taken in years as he represents the old culture of their batsman that is starting to be cut out with the appointment of Jamie Siddons. Although I have only been able to follow over cricinfo the batting seems to have a more solid feel to it, batsman such as Siddique, Mahmudullah, Shakib-Al-Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Naeem Islam all seem like batsman that are learning to graft an innings rather than smashing a quick fire 40, These batsman are nice compliments too the brilliance of Tamim Iqbal who I understand has scored more runs than Tendulkar at the same age(correct me if Im wrong). However with the positives come the negatives of the seam attack which has seemed a bit toothless without Mashrafe Mortaza who I doubt will come back. Rubel Hossain however seems to be able to produce some nice reverse swing. One thing we must remember is that these guys are in their very early twenties and we probably forget this sometimes, it be interesting to see this team play the likes of Hughes, Braithwaite and Southee's of this world.

I think Kayes needs to be cut and Siddique back up to opening (thats his normal position, no?)

So

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique
3. Mahmudullah
4. Jahurul Islam
5. Shakib-Al-Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Naeem Islam
Bowlers
Shafil Islam
Rubel Hossain
Seamer's X and Y

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say a lot of credit does go to Bangladesh - must be one of the first times in their history they've taken a game without any weather delays to the last hour?

Clearly an improving side and for my money no longer a minnow.
Try telling that to the "Sachin inflated his average/century count against Bangladesh" brigade... :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another ton for the skipper then; cuts a very wide one to the fench for 4. Played captain. :)

EDIT: Athers just trotted out a good stat. Only three test batsman have more centuries than Cook at his age: Sobers, Bradman & Sachin. Heady company, tbf.

Last edited:

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'd tear off their minnow badge the second they secure a test win against a team like England/SA/Australia. Preferably in their home country.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cook fittingly hits the winning runs. 9 wickets sounds an arseholing, but doesn't tell the full story. Bangladesh batsmen can take a lot of credit and Rubel Hossain was criminally unlucky to end up with the figures he did.

Shakib is a decent young cricketer, but no captain IMHO. Needs to be changed pronto for mine. No slips or close catchers for your strike bowler with a 300+ lead to play with is borderline evil.

Briony

International Debutant
Another ton for the skipper then; cuts a very wide one to the fench for 4. Played captain. :)

EDIT: Athers just trotted out a good stat. Only three test batsman have more centuries than Cook at his age: Sobers, Bradman & Sachin. Heady company, tbf.
Is it because he's really good or that England tends to play more tests than the other nations?

Bangladesh smashed yet again!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Shakib MOTM, Swanneh MOTS

Cook hard done by not to win MOTS but I love Swanneh and that's two in a row for him now

Sir Alex

Banned
Test top scorers 2010
1. H Amla 677
2. Tamim Iqbal 569
3. A. Cook 484
4. S. Tendulkar 477
5. Mahmadullah 463
6. V. Sehwag 443
7. I. Bell 427
8. M. Rahim 421
9. Shakib Al Hasan 412
10. J. Kallis 364

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
Good win and KP back looking like his old self.

Cook to average over 50 after the summer tests against Bangladesh and Pakistan!

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangas threw this game away with more undisciplined batting

They should've scored a minimum of 550 in the first innings and that would've gone a long way towards avoiding defeat

They're obviously improving but need to learn that 40s and 50s dont save, let alone win, test matches AND when you need to support a senior partner, dont try to hit sixes