• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have to say that was probably the worst summer of ODI cricket that I think I've ever witnessed. Both Pakistan and the West Indies were dire, for different reasons.

I actually would have loved for this to be a tri series as the Pak/WI games would probably have been fairly competative.

stephen

Just looking at the list - Australia does not appear in the list of opponents for any team with more than a 12 match streak, and the team in which they appeared in that streak for was England, who had one no result in their run.

Even more interesting is that in the run of 21 games Australia didn't even have a single no result :-O

Craig

World Traveller
So the selectors see what in Steve Smith again? The **** can not not land the ball on the cutting strip.

stephen

So the selectors see what in Steve Smith again? The **** can not not land the ball on the cutting strip.
He's the next Cameron White.

His batting is what has excited everyone and it's a shame we really didn't get to see it last night.

thierry henry

International Coach
I dunno if it's just me, but does anyone else think that Bollinger's form has actually tailed off a bit and he is just getting away with it because he's been playing hopeless batsmen?

Throughout this series he's been running in harder than ever and bowling slower than ever. Low 130s has been common and the ball dieing through to the keeper. Almost like an NZ seamer :huh:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
What a biased bunch of prat$ those commentators are :wallbash: , hawkeye clearly showed the ball was going over the stumps but oh no "it must be out even though it was going over", so Dougy's taken yet another clown off the crease. if i ever see Dowlin, Hinds, Morton etc in a WI shirt again i'll have snipers at the ground i swear i will :laugh: .
Yeah sure ok. Anyway, they will play again.8-)

dikinee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I dunno if it's just me, but does anyone else think that Bollinger's form has actually tailed off a bit and he is just getting away with it because he's been playing hopeless batsmen?

Throughout this series he's been running in harder than ever and bowling slower than ever. Low 130s has been common and the ball dieing through to the keeper. Almost like an NZ seamer :huh:
I thought that myself but then I had a look at the speeds of the rest of the bowlers and they were all down a little so maybe it was more pitch related. Although when a bowler such as Bolly or Siddle get to the end of a summer they must be getting tired because they give everything they have and certainly dont leave anything in the tank at the end of a game. That has to catch up with you eventually.

I was surprised that Ponting was named man of the series over Bollinger though. For my money Douggy won the series by staying on top of Gayle and accounting for his wicket in every match. For the Windies to have any chance of competing Gayle had to score a lot of runs but Bolly didnt allow him to.

To me it was a huge mistake for Gayle to open the batting. He should have batted at no5. The rest of the team pretty much dropped their heads every time he got out cheaply. He would have been better off trying to play more of a Mike Hussey type of role. Come in when the shine is off the ball and it isnt moving around and set his own pace to be there at the end of the innings. The guys coming in before him would have been much more positive knowing they still had Gayle to come if they failed rather than panicking because Gayle was already out and the weight was on them to perform.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Did you not see the "laughing" emoticon then? :unsure: and if those clowns ever put on a WI shirt again then the selectors responsible should be sacked at once, they are simply not good enough, end of story.
Give 'em a break, they're playing the best team in the world :D

Debris

International 12th Man
He's the next Cameron White.

His batting is what has excited everyone and it's a shame we really didn't get to see it last night.
I can only assume that anyone who puts his bowling on a par with Cameron White has not actually seen him bowl before last night. He is the most exciting spin bowling prospect since McGill retired.

And of course his batting is better than his bowling at the moment. You can be a good batsman on talent alone, legspin requires a lot more work. You have to take a leap of faith on a spinner and give them a bit of a run to work out how to bowl at international level.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can only assume that anyone who puts his bowling on a par with Cameron White has not actually seen him bowl before last night. He is the most exciting spin bowling prospect since McGill retired.

And of course his batting is better than his bowling at the moment. You can be a good batsman on talent alone, legspin requires a lot more work. You have to take a leap of faith on a spinner and give them a bit of a run to work out how to bowl at international level.
Agreed. Warne at 21 was bowling worse stuff than Smith is, was a pretty monotonous bowler and his figures blew out. MacGill at that age wasn't even a contender for a regular spot with WA and his only serious competitor was Brad Hogg!

He was spinning it a bit and threw it up there even when Sammy smashed him. Good signs, temperament-wise, for the future. Probably was just a bit slow through the air if anything. The LBW he got was a decent nut too.

Still reckon he looks the real deal. It's not the technique, the variation or the knock-out punch, just has the body language of a winner. Guys like that may dip a bit whilst they're experimenting but they'll eventually find a way to win.

Last edited:

social

Agreed. Warne at 21 was bowling worse stuff than Smith is, was a pretty monotonous bowler and his figures blew out. MacGill at that age wasn't even a contender for a regular spot with WA and his only serious competitor was Brad Hogg!

He was spinning it a bit and threw it up there even when Sammy smashed him. Good signs, temperament-wise, for the future. Probably was just a bit slow through the air if anything. The LBW he got was a decent nut too.

Still reckon he looks the real deal. It's not the technique, the variation or the knock-out punch, just has the body language of a winner. Guys like that may dip a bit whilst they're experimenting but they'll eventually find a way to win.
Only seen him bowl twice but he looks a fantastic prospect (loop, drift, spin and attitude) - easily the best since Warne debuted