• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Discussion and Results Thread

Cloete

International Captain
Aside from the CW teams, here are other CW players involved in the Champions League:

RJ Dauth (Somerset)
M Corrin - has been invited by Sussex, but needs to respond
MD Luff (Kolkata)
XPA Rose (Deccan)

If anyone wants to manage a side, let me know.
Do I not get to play for Queensland? Or was that ages ago that I played for them and played for a different team last season?

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I need Kev and Nath to confirm their squads. WRRW have confirmed their internationals as Pollard, Flintoff and Harris. If I don't hear anything from ERUB, I'll assume that they're sticking with Bazid Khan, Murphy (confirmed) and Dave Mohammed (hopefully to be confirmed?). 3+2+1 (total 6) of course.

Finalize this and name your default XI/bowling order please.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I need Kev and Nath to confirm their squads. WRRW have confirmed their internationals as Pollard, Flintoff and Harris. If I don't hear anything from ERUB, I'll assume that they're sticking with Bazid Khan, Murphy (confirmed) and Dave Mohammed (hopefully to be confirmed?). 3+2+1 (total 6) of course.

Just saw this. I going out for a few hours. Will do it when I get back. Thanks.

BTW, in T20 Cup we were limited to 2 overseas Int in the XI. Is it the same for CL or can we play all 3?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Never crossed my mind. But I think the IPL teams stick to the same 4-7 balance, so I figure we should stick to our 2-9.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Ok, going with the 8 who have signed into the T20 thread with Morris (reigning Wolf of the Year) and 2 overseas pros.

Default XI
1. H Mørk (wkt)
2. A. Flintoff (Eng)
3. NG Scott
4. DK Rai
5. S. Morris
6. SA Bennett
7. C. Harris (NZ)
8. DP Richards
9. KJ Gough (capt)
10. MJ Smith*
11. SV Raghav

Pollard unlucky to get left out of default lineup but everyone will get a few games at least. Read and DeSilva signed into Dev League but not yet into T20 CL. They will play but not in the default lineup. An amazing line-up IMHO, bat down to 8 and have 8 bowlers in the default XI.

Bowling
1- Gough, Flintoff
2- M. Smith, Richards,
3- Raghav, Harris, Bennett, Pollard
4- Morris

Of course this is subject to change if the other Smith crosses over :p

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

In a shock move, Queensland have confirmed CW veteran Darren Dubb-Lynch as their overseas signing for the upcoming Champions League.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Dave Mohammed has been unceremoniously DUMPED by ERUB in favour of Shane Watson. Also the minor legend that is Murphy returns, with the final player to be determined.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Failure to confirm Darren Murphy's signature to return for another season means he will not return to ERUB. This is regrettable, but we thank Murphy for his contribution and antics.

This does mean, however, that we have two new Internationals joining East Robham Upper Body for the Champions League, and regular 20/20 domestic season.

Please make welcome -

Shane Watson

and

Phil Hughes

Simon

Excellent signings, should ensure we don't lose a game in the competition.