• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Squad Thread

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Really can't be bother to read through all the aussie trip but let me get this right, did he suggest that Jagielka was not International quality based on one debateably poor performance on debut and then disregard his performance against Torres because it was only one game?
As aformentioned other players like Joey Barton, Nick Shorey, Jermaine Jenas, Warnock, Downing (although this could change in the future), Carson, Lescott, Parker, (although i still rate him to a level), Darius Vassell, Danny Mills, Franics Jeffers, David Nugent have been writtern off as joke/not internationality after being 1 game coming off decent runs in the premiership.

Some of these players played/has played more than they should. ATM Jaigelka is clealry in this group. Whether he gets better in future is totally different question.

The general question is whether he could make the WC squad. if he returns from injury & ATM he clearly can't.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Slightly embarrassing post.
Embarassing?. Not at all. Do you still believe Milner would make sense as central mid-fielder in case of injury during the WC?. Do you still believe Beckham would be a competent central-midfield option in case of injury based on the role he plays for Milan currently?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Embarassing?. Not at all. Do you still believe Milner would make sense as central mid-fielder in case of injury during the WC?. Do you still believe Beckham would be a competent central-midfield option in case of injury based on the role he plays for Milan currently?
What I believe would doubtless be subjected to prodigious analytical skills and I would once again be proved comprehensively wrong, so I won't bother saying anymore.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
What I believe would doubtless be subjected to prodigious analytical skills and I would once again be proved comprehensively wrong, so I won't bother saying anymore.
:laugh: Another lame cop out. Allright uncle Sledger answer this one, would you want to see Jaigelka in the WC squad?..

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FMD. It basically comes down to the fact that any football remotely successful in domestic leagues will be rank at International level because somebody was **** at Internationals before them.
I don't even know why we bother competing, I mean ever since we picked that right winger 78 years ago we haven't had a hope in hell, everyone was doomed to mediocrity at best because he failed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just like how i owned your suggestion that Milner should go the WC ahead of Carrick & that Beckham would be a good option to play centre-midfield? It must be strong deja vu for you then..
No you haven't "owned" anyone in any respect, people just get fed up of trying to work out which opinion it is you currently hold to counter, since you keep contradicting yourself.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Beckham would be a damn sight better option in centre midfield then Carrick would be, and he'd be a much better option to play centre midfield than the right wing role you seem to think he can play.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No you haven't "owned" anyone in any respect, people just get fed up of trying to work out which opinion it is you currently hold to counter, since you keep contradicting yourself.
:laugh:, i dont care who is fed up, i could argue i am fed up having to people like you for example who make vague pont i.e you saying Warnock over Bridge in the WC squad - but never wish to explain how that is sensible choice. But then have the nerve to say im contradictioning myself & say i'm taking crap..yo GTFOH

Beckham would be a damn sight better option in centre midfield then Carrick would be, and he'd be a much better option to play centre midfield than the right wing role you seem to think he can play.
8-). Yea because Beckham has been playing centrally for Milan currently & the fact that Capello hasn't be using Beckham on right as sub in WCQ behind Walcott & Lennon..

Johnners

You are contradicting yourself though. It's so painfully obvious yet you're the only one who can't see it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You are contradicting yourself though. It's so painfully obvious yet you're the only one who can't see it.
Ha, then you & whoever else needs to check back the meaning of contradiction then. Since AFAIC some people here just dont understand the dynamics of how certain players career's evolved in the ENG football team.

Thus if i say Player A did X & they question it & I give back & example of why Player B did Y, they inevitably call it a contradiction since they themselves dont know what they are talking about - it just becomes a clash of ideology. They then just go around in circles trying to do find wholes in every point of my argument which was never their in the first place.

Matteh

Having read through some of this, skipping the most iresome parts.....

**** me Aussie, you speak so much ****.

Ledley King can't walk so can't go to the WC. Carrick is ****house. Milner has been England's best player in the last 6 months. Warnock > Bridge. Jagielka > Wes ****ing Brown in any and all situations. Can't even keep up with the amount of bollocks and completely braindead solutions to England's WC squad. ****, i'd rather listen to a Steve McLaren press conference.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I can curse too you ****ing ass..

I dont want to **** you since i dont deal with men :laugh:. Based on what you have said below, the so called **** i have spoken is looking pretty good right now...Lets begin

Ledley King can't walk so can't go to the WC.
Thats not point. Capello & co clearly had him in their thoughts by calling him up to a WCQ squad in the last year. Has i said in the opening post of the thread i don't belive he will go, Brown will likely replace him..

Carrick is ****house.
:laugh:. More dumb Carrick hate....sitck to the football & explain to be since you seem like a ****ing critic, why he shouldn't make the ****ing WC squad???

Milner has been England's best player in the last 6 months.
So. ATM he remains behind J Cole/Walcott/Lennon/Beckham as options to play as a winger.

Warnock > Bridge.
HAAAA. You dont watch football just like asked mark. Explain to me how Warnock a better ****ing left-back than Bridge & is worth a WC spot ahead of him??? 8-)

Jagielka > Wes ****ing Brown in any and all situations.
That not the ****ing point. If we are going to take 4 CENTRAL DEFENDERS to the WC 3 for sure being Rio, Terry & Upson. How can you pick ****ing Jaigelka when Wes Brown offers back-up RB to Johnson. Check your ****ing self.. :laugh:

Can't even keep up with the amount of bollocks and completely braindead solutions to England's WC squad. ****, i'd rather listen to a Steve McLaren press conference.
Yea yet my squad is ****ing similar to 90-95% to everyone else. GTFOH :laugh:

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The mods will now come & blame me for avoding the filter when Matthe started it...HAAA life on CW

cpr

International Coach
Having read through some of this, skipping the most iresome parts.....

Ledley King can't walk so can't go to the WC. Carrick is ****house. Milner has been England's best player in the last 6 months. Warnock > Bridge. Jagielka > Wes ****ing Brown in any and all situations. Can't even keep up with the amount of bollocks and completely braindead solutions to England's WC squad. ****, i'd rather listen to a Steve McLaren press conference.
15 days in and the post of the decade comp is over.

To clarify. LEDLEY KING CANT WALK! How can you take a back up defender who is only going to be fit for a third of the games. The whole point of a back-up defender is to provide cover incase the main defence get injured/turn crap. If that happens in game 1, king plays game 2, by game 3 your 2 defenders down and up **** creak.

Carrick is a bit **** at the moment, still on for the WC as theres no better mind.

Wes Brown offers back-up to Johnson in the same way I can offer back up to Gordon Brown. I can stand there, I can look convincing, hell i can spin the odd yarn that impresses, almost as if i'm a professional at the job. However you can guarantee I might aswell stand there with my **** in my hand when it comes to dealing with a competant oppenant for all the good I could do.

The fact that Milner is the best performer on Englands wings for the last 6 months, and is constantly selected as part of the squad, and plays, shows he's not behind the other 4, esp as only 1 of them can play left.

Bridge is ****ing shocking, been godawful for City, even City fans are glad he's injured, as they think he's a joke.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
15 days in and the post of the decade comp is over.

To clarify. LEDLEY KING CANT WALK! How can you take a back up defender who is only going to be fit for a third of the games. The whole point of a back-up defender is to provide cover incase the main defence get injured/turn crap. If that happens in game 1, king plays game 2, by game 3 your 2 defenders down and up **** creak.
*SIGHS*. Again let me clarify, where have i debated the fact that LEDLEY KING CANT WALK!???. All i keep saying it certainly seems for whatever reason that Capello had him in his thoughts since he was called up to the team durign WCQ. I clearly did then go on to state that his likely replacement will be Wes Brown. Simple.

Carrick is a bit **** at the moment, still on for the WC as theres no better mind.
Exactly. If various people think he is crap thats an matter of opinion - thus is irrelevant to what Capello will likely do.

All our GK option are **** ATM, still will have to chose somebody..

Wes Brown offers back-up to Johnson in the same way I can offer back up to Gordon Brown. I can stand there, I can look convincing, hell i can spin the odd yarn that impresses, almost as if i'm a professional at the job. However you can guarantee I might aswell stand there with my **** in my hand when it comes to dealing with a competant oppenant for all the good I could do.
Haa now now dont get ridiculous. So if you dont have faith in Brown as back-up right back to Johnson, why did you pick him your intial squad on page 3?

cpr said:
My Squad

Hart
Green
James/Foster (whichever is making less clangers)

Johnson
A Cole
Terry
Ferdinand (if he can stop doing a King impression)
Baines (am a fan)
Brown (lack of other options)
Upson (see above)

Lampard
Gerrard
Milner
Young
J Cole
Lennon
Barry
Beckham
Carrick/Hargreaves

Rooney
Defoe
Crouch
C Cole/Bent
Walcott
You changing your mouth now or what?. Or have you find another player capable of being a backup right-back to Johnson in the last few days??

The fact that Milner is the best performer on Englands wings for the last 6 months, and is constantly selected as part of the squad, and plays, shows he's not behind the other 4, esp as only 1 of them can play left.
He has only been a regular because Cole & Walcott has been injured. Both are back now & although Milner impressed, he should be behind Cole/Walcott/Lennon & Becks in the pecking order. Simple.

Bridge is ****ing shocking, been godawful for City, even City fans are glad he's injured, as they think he's a joke.
Haa which City fans do you talk to. Either way Capello clearly doesn't think he has been ****ing shocking since he joined City, since he has continued picking him as back-up left-back throught the WCQ. So u oughta chill, what Capello does is always right :laugh:

Last edited: