• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Unless the question is "which ***** with the heart of a mouse do you want nowhere near the England side" then the answer is never Steve Harmison.
Nope. This is Harmison a surface, as i said before this tour i knew this would/could happen.

Then again its possible Anderson/Sidebottom/Broad could still cause SA enough problems, but having a Morkel type bowler to test back SA along with having a the swing bowlers would have been a more lethal combo, presuming the conditions remain this throughout.

Woodster

International Captain
Thumping pull for six from Swanny! Great connection, sails over the boundary. The next attempted pull not so successful, but gets away with it. Nice flick off Steyn for two, he is making things happen here Swanny, long may it continue. Get us up to 200!

Briony

International Debutant
:)

The players I feel that have have let themselves down in this innings are :

KP - Is lacking his usual confidence but was out to a very tame pull shot. Needed time to get himelf set, get acquainted with the pitch before trying that shot.

Trott - Not so much for his dismissal, but the way he batted, seemed in a complete rush, poor shot selection, and the end was inevitable.

Prior - Another hook shot gone wrong when England really needed him.
They have been setting clever fields for KP to compound his anxieties, Trott looked the most nervous he's been in test cricket, while Prior needed to settle a bit.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope. This is Harmison a surface, as i said before this tour i knew this would/could happen.
The problem is, Harmison would have spent the last month moping about and getting homesick and whether this is his kind of surface or not, he wouldn't have played for weeks and would be ****.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Steyn, great aggressive swing-bowling and well done Swanneh, may give us a chance in a thousand now.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Then again its possible Anderson/Sidebottom/Broad could still cause SA enough problems, but having a Morkel type bowler to test back SA along with having a the swing bowlers would have been a more lethal combo, presuming the conditions remain this throughout.
Broad can hit the deck, he's 6' 5" ffs.

Plus Broad doesn't suffer from some mysterious ailment where he bowls like a spacker as soon as he travels more than 150 miles from his mummy.

Woodster

International Captain
They have been setting clever fields for KP to compound his anxieties, Trott looked the most nervous he's been in test cricket, while Prior needed to settle a bit.
KP should be good enough to overcome the field settings, but you're right, they have been good. The problem is more with KP though, and fighting his way out of this form. He is obviously good enough to do it, but we may need him to do it in the second dig.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
England slain by Steyn.
Teh Phalaborwa Express 5/51
Morkel 3/39
well done lads.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Well done Steyn! A fifer!

14 Saffas scr*wed Poms here!

12th man : Strauss - thanks for winning the toss and deciding to bat
13th man : Trott - pathetic batting
14th man : KP - all hail the great KP

Woodster

International Captain
Yes Steyn was real good, the one that got Bell was a beauty. Quick inducker having set him up with his more natural away swingers.

The thing is the ball is swinging, and did throughout the 48 overs SA bowled. Jimmy and Siddy the men for England here.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Plus Broad doesn't suffer from some mysterious ailment where he bowls like a spacker as soon as he travels more than 150 miles from his mummy.
:laugh:

Desperate for some early breakthroughs. Jimmy needs to bowl well, if he doesn't we don't stand a chance of reducing South Africa to a total that gives us a chance in the game. Hopefully Sidebottom'll justify that selection with a few early scalps.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My prediction for this match....

Eng all out 150

SA 527- dec after day 3

Eng 88-9 after day 4

England bat out entire 5th day, adding 7 runs in the process.
I'll take it

Well done Steyn! A fifer!

14 Saffas scr*wed Poms here!

12th man : Strauss - thanks for winning the toss and deciding to bat
13th man : Trott - pathetic batting
14th man : KP - all hail the great KP
Well done, you're officially a complete ******