• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surely England isn't/wasn't seriously considering dropping its best batsman?
Common sense would say no; experience otherwise.

Although dropping a bloke after an Ashes winning century on debut may be a new low/high in English selectorial incompetence.

Think Swann missing out would be very stiff too, greentop or not.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Any news on the weather? This means getting up at 3:30 but I dont fancy it if the weather is dodgy.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They've got to play Swanne. I dont whether its a greentop or not. If 3 seamers cant do the job, then the 4rth one wont..but Swanne is a must..he had a fantastic Ashes and South Africa are not the best players of spin bowling.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
off tomorrow and friday. Sadly not today, have to be away from my desk most of the time as well. Pretty sure we will lose the toss, hopefully we aren't 6 down by lunch.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
off tomorrow and friday. Sadly not today, have to be away from my desk most of the time as well. Pretty sure we will lose the toss, hopefully we aren't 6 down by lunch.
Haa, well even if we lose the toos & bat & the pitch is green. Hiighly unlikely we will collapse Jo'Burg 99 style again..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Manthorp said the wicket is a bat first surface and a good one at that. Glorious sunshine will bake the wicket and the moisture underneath will come up (if it does) later on in the test. Went onto to say it may do a bit early on but that is par for the course but hardly a green mamba.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who would you pick (from those available) Scaly?
And who do you think they will pick?
I'm expecting Sidebottom to come back in for Onions (effectively). I don't think you should pick Sidebottom personally without a decent period of cricket behind him personally, after what has happened in recent times. Quite happy for him to play when he has done that though.