• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am a CW moron !!

G.I.Joe

International Coach
1.2 billion people also think McGrath is one of the greatest of the greatest bowlers ever. So he couldn't be.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We'd better hurry up and remove any stats involving Bangladesh from the books just in case someone misinterprets Neville Nobody scoring 3000 runs against them in three tests whilst managing 0 runs in 10 tests against Australia, England and Sri Lanka and thinks he's the best since Bradman.

You shouldn't mention how badly your team played when analysing test series as it puts a bit of a dampener on the winning team's celebrations.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Here's a new one:

Test cricket (in the last few years) is very weak (i.e. batsmen like Lara, Chanderpaul, Hayden, Ponting, Hussey, Smith,Kallis,deVeillers,Sanga,Jayawardene, etc etc are ****) because a bunch of (no-name) Indian bowlers get to #1 ranking (by bowling the aforementioned out home & away).

If you disagree, you must be a precious lady out to crucify the logical thinker who came up with this. (Bolded text is pretty much a verbatim quote, text in brackets is the implication of the assertion)

Sir Alex

Banned
Here's a new one:

Test cricket (in the last few years) is very weak (i.e. batsmen like Lara, Chanderpaul, Hayden, Ponting, Hussey, Smith,Kallis,deVeillers,Sanga,Jayawardene, etc etc are ****) because a bunch of (no-name) Indian bowlers get to #1 ranking (by bowling the aforementioned out home & away).

If you disagree, you must be a precious lady out to crucify the logical thinker who came up with this. (Bolded text is pretty much a verbatim quote, text in brackets is the implication of the assertion)
I like this one.

Sir Alex

Banned
Sehwag is no way near Anwar let alone Hayden
because he scores only on flat tracks

Sehwag's triples and doubles don't count

It is a flat track
because Sehwag scores on it

I like silentstriker's avatar here and the circular reasoning mentioned on it is perfectly applicable to the above.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

It is a flat track

He also has a flat-chested wife, but that could be coincidence.

jeevan

International 12th Man
:laugh:

Has anyone checked his relationship history? Can we add 'only scores on flat-chested women' to the list?
His own body type being better described as bouncy rather than flat in the middle, his preferences in anatomy might not follow those in playing conditions.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His own body type being better described as bouncy rather than flat in the middle, his preferences in anatomy might not follow those in playing conditions.
Does he prefer a closely mown strip or one with a bit of grass on it?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

It is a flat track

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are going to enjoy reading my new feature on From Bradman to Sehwag

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The runs made in draws DO NOT count (even though the said runs may well be the reason why it was a draw and not a loss).

And yes, scorecards are all you need to judge players. Why watch the game? Game is drawn. Runs don't count. Game is won. You score 121* out of 700 and it is a greater innings than 100* out of 236/9 and the game is drawn..