• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A sad day for SA cricket

jboss

Banned
No I am not whinning about losing. I realised now after reading the comments on post match report from news24 that I can see where SA cricket is heading from a fan perspective. There is much and growing frustration at a team that buckle against lowly opposition and an aging team that is chosing money over what is best for the country. Oh and then there is that thing called quotas.

Our team threw the game away today and nothing less than that. England were brilliant with bat and ball and fielding but were were miserable with the bat by throwing away our top order wickets.

Like so many I would like to know why is Smith playing that shot? (still)
Why was he not bringing fielders in and being agressive with a low score to defend? Why do we have such a talent pool and yet the blokes play as if they have garunteed place in the team until 2018? Is that because: "boucher can do it so, so can I?" Why do we have so many fast bowlers that love to bowl the same length? Gone are the days of agressive Donald. Morkell is a pansy(both of them). Smith said post match that they were 30 short. So where was Gibbs? He is worth 30 in the field alone. Blah blah tickets are cheap blah but very expensive to watch a joke er I mean choke. And a fortune to watch a team that is not the best and is not based on merit.

Out with boucher and Morkell(albie)
In with Van Wyk/Khun

Team should be something along the line of..
Gibbs/Amla
Smith(not captain)
De Villiers
Dumminy
Van Wyk/Khun
Peterson
Botha(as captain with 100% win record vs Aus in Aus)
Mclaren
Morkell(He never deserved to be dropped from ODI squad).
Parnell
Steyn

Yes the stands will be very empty and so will the fat cat CSA pockets who are weak and let players dictate to them. Did AB prove yet that he is the worlds best no 3?

Last edited:

jboss

Banned
Lol crybaby
Indeed but best of luck to England and all safas playing. Won't be posting here until I see some merit in the team. I will probably be more grumpy then as I am likely to be very old when that day comes again. Even losing team that had Donald, Mcmillan, Mathews, wessels, Kirsten and co in was worth more than this joke.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wait till the end of the series, including the tests.

If you lose both ODIs and tests then there may be cause for concern. Right now, chill.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's good to have South African fans on the forum, so I hope you stick around. And don't take losses so hard. Chin up.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
No I am not whinning about losing. I realised now after reading the comments on post match report from news24 that I can see where SA cricket is heading from a fan perspective. There is much and growing frustration at a team that buckle against lowly opposition and an aging team that is chosing money over what is best for the country. Oh and then there is that thing called quotas.

Our team threw the game away today and nothing less than that. England were brilliant with bat and ball and fielding but were were miserable with the bat by throwing away our top order wickets.

Why was he not bringing fielders in and being agressive with a low score to defend? Why do we have such a talent pool and yet the blokes play as if they have garunteed place in the team until 2018? Is that because: "boucher can do it so, so can I?" Why do we have so many fast bowlers that love to bowl the same length? Gone are the days of agressive Donald. Morkell is a pansy(both of them). Smith said post match that they were 30 short. So where was Gibbs? He is worth 30 in the field alone. Blah blah tickets are cheap blah but very expensive to watch a joke er I mean choke. And a fortune to watch a team that is not the best and is not based on merit.

In with Van Wyk/Khun

Gibbs/Amla
Smith(not captain)
De Villiers
Dumminy
Van Wyk/Khun
Peterson
Mclaren
Parnell
Steyn

Yes the stands will be very empty and so will the fat cat CSA pockets who are weak and let players dictate to them. Did AB prove yet that he is the worlds best no 3?
So you think Morne Morkel is a pansy yet you want to recall him. And you think that Gibbs should have played yet you can't make up your mind whether he or Amla should open.

Very odd.

Anyhow your team lost an ODI, your team disappointed you, you have issues about selection and you have no faith in your money-obsessed Board. You should try being an England supporter mate.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is much and growing frustration at a team that buckle against lowly opposition
Ever thought of giving opposing teams some respect, or perhaps even credit, when they've earned it?

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
The first competitive ODI game and it's "a sad day for SA cricket"? Really?

Did you forget the beating that we delivered last week?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Great win for England, I'm going for England, so happy to see South Africa select McLaren who I think is overhyped.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member

In with Van Wyk/Khun

Gibbs/Amla
Smith(not captain)
De Villiers
Dumminy
Van Wyk/Khun
Peterson
Mclaren
Parnell
Steyn

A tiny overreaction. If they'd won the toss they'd probably have won the match.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I can see where SA cricket is heading from a fan perspective. There is much and growing frustration at a team that buckle against lowly opposition and an aging team
With an average age of 27...

Amla 26
Smith 28
AB 25
JP 25
Virus 28
McLaren 26
A Morkel 28
Boucher 32
van der Merwe 24
Steyn 26
Langeveldt 34

In other news, I note that you favour a recall for 35-year-old Herschelle Gibbs to bring some zip into this ageing team

popepouri

State Vice-Captain

Langeveldt

Soutie

In with Van Wyk/Khun

Gibbs/Amla
Smith(not captain)
De Villiers
Dumminy
Van Wyk/Khun
Peterson
Mclaren
Parnell
Steyn

Just go outside, relax, get some beers in, have a braai, and remind yourself that you don't care about money or crime and therefore live in the best country in the world..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
To the OP,
like most have already said, I think you are over reacting a little bit. It was just one match. Its a 5 match series. South Africa can easily make a comeback.