• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is not looking good for India...Dilshan is looking very dangerous and it would seem that 426 is not enough on this track.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How much will the BCCI offer for Vijay. We need a new opener. How can someone play 8 Test without a hundred. Will be interesting to see who we open with, if the selectors grow a brain and drop him. Mathews would be my pick, 2nd best player of seamers in the squad. I don;t think we will miss his bowling much. Though I would be happy with Silva.

Howsie

International Captain
How much will the BCCI offer for Vijay. We need a new opener. How can someone play 8 Test without a hundred. Will be interesting to see who we open with, if the selectors grow a brain and drop him. Mathews would be my pick, 2nd best player of seamers in the squad. I don;t think we will miss his bowling much. Though I would be happy with Silva.
That's playing badly?

Stapel

International Regular
It's good to see some decent Test Cricket again. 4 quick 1st session wickets followed by 3 huge partnerships, just to see a rather quick 2nd day tale collapse. And now a fine Sri Lankan reply. This Test is wonderfully set up and could really go any direction.

Shouldn't be losing after scoring 426 first up.
Well, England nearly did during the first Ashes test this summer. If Jayawardene & Samaraweera can hold on together, I can see the Lankans reach a big first innings lead, putting a lot of pressure on India.

Anyway, I got the feeling 426 was below par.

Stapel

International Regular
Please don't gun me down for not knowing enough about the teams, but....

Where are Mendis & Malinga?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought SL being priced at 10 after the first day was a little extreme. Would say what has happened today was entirely predictable given even Yuvraj and Dhoni scored plenty of runs and India's weak tail.

Stapel

International Regular
Malinga hasn't played a FC game in two years and Mendis is out of form and Herath is our in form spinner.
Well, they're both young, so we should expect them to bounce back from any form crisis they might be in. Too bad they're not in action though. They both are unique bowlers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not sure about weak tail... The ball does do quite a bit in the morning since we start at 9:30 and it tends to be rather foggy at that time in the west of India during this season... Our handicap would be that we have an old ball and Ishant who is iffy first up tomorrow... So not expecting much big stuff, but with a fresh ball and two in form seamers, I would fancy any team's chances of picking up 2 or 3 early wickets in those conditions, no matter how flat the pitch is..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, England nearly did during the first Ashes test this summer. If Jayawardene & Samaraweera can hold on together, I can see the Lankans reach a big first innings lead, putting a lot of pressure on India.

Anyway, I got the feeling 426 was below par.
Aha, but just because England nearly did it doesn't mean it should happen. 426 is loads. If the pitch is so flat that the team batting second should be able to outscore it and set you a total then you shouldn't have any difficulty batting the game out. India might make things difficult for themselves, but they shouldn't.

Woodster

International Captain
Aha, but just because England nearly did it doesn't mean it should happen. 426 is loads. If the pitch is so flat that the team batting second should be able to outscore it and set you a total then you shouldn't have any difficulty batting the game out. India might make things difficult for themselves, but they shouldn't.
The game is going along at a decent rate so despite a pretty healthy first innings score, there is still plenty of time left in this Test match should SL make an equally healthy/healthier score first up.

If the pitch remains flat then maybe there should be no trouble in seeing the game out. However, spin is expected to play an increasingly important role in this Test which means the likes of Murali, Herath, Harbhajan, Mishra etc, will be confident of turning the game their sides way.

Stapel

International Regular
The point is that the pitch is expected to detoriate. At least, that's what I've been told.

I think 400, 425 or 450 in the 1st innings of a test is not enough to realistically expect the team betting first to either win or draw the test. On a flat pitch, which shouldn't be so flat on day 4 or 5, 500 should be the minimum. If the Lankans reach 550+ tomorrow (big if though, yet possible I think), and if Herath & Murali get things right, when they bowl on day 4, India might have a problem.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thought SL being priced at 10 after the first day was a little extreme. Would say what has happened today was entirely predictable given even Yuvraj and Dhoni scored plenty of runs and India's weak tail.
I strongly disagree that Zaheer and Harbhajan make up a weak tail.

We have two players who can't hold a bat. The others have multiple test 50s.