• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Compaq Cup 2009 in Sri Lanka

kingkallis

International Coach
That was plumb surely. It was hitting middle but there is doubt whether it hit the bat. I don't know.

Vettori v Tendulkar is a mouth watering prospect with Tendulkar looking to attack.. You don't often get on top of Vettori, whoever you are.
Dude, its SRT and not some random one!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid out of his misery. Poor inning with all the balls he hit going to the fielders and not finding the gaps. You can see that reflect in his S/R. Wasn't timing the ball too well either.

I wouldn't have given that one out as it was too close but whatever.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely. Still has a good five overs left. Not like there's going to be any death to save him for either.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Oram doing a good job here.

Maybe saving Bond for the new(er) ball? Whether it will be too late by then is another question.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raina's weakness is against the short ball too, so you'd think roughing him up a bit would be the option.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Looks like Raina isn't trying to pull and hook every short ball. He has let a few bouncers go past him. Positive signs.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Well this is interesting... reckon we'd be on top if we had another 40 runs to our name.
yeah you are right...

I am really frustrated to see this batting failing again & again..

I have three questions for Vettori here

1. Why do you want to waste your big hitting talent by sending them early on these slow tracks?
Cant you protect Ross & McCullum for the 15-45 over period? Cant you send Elliot or Broom instead of Taylor ahead..

2. Why dont you play Nathan McCullum on a spinning slow tracker....?

3. How many more failures you require from Oram to make you convince that he is in **** form? When you realize that you can bat more high up the order in ODI's?

Ideal batting lineup with the current team in Srilankan conditions should have been..

Ryder
Guptill
Elliot
R. Taylor
Vettori
B. McCullum
Oram
N. McCullum
Mills
Bond
Butler

I am not saying with this lienup we would have won.. but with this lineup we would have done lot better

Last edited:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Vettori's reply after the match!!

Vettori: "When you win the toss here you want to put up a competitive total. The wickets gets easier when you have played yourself in; I found it that my self. Dhoni and Raina showed it as well. Some of our boys would be disappointed. It wasn't a bad fight back from us; we put them under some pressure. You can't expect to play on good decks all the time, when you come across deck like this you need to adapt."