• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

pasag

RTDAS
Interesting they got rid of Rashid. Thought he was average last week, despite the plaudits, but Aus have clear issues against any spin even rubbish spin.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting they got rid of Rashid. Thought he was average last week, despite the plaudits, but Aus have clear issues against any spin even rubbish spin.
I'm glad we've got an extra batsman in though. I think considering Collingwood is bowling well, we had too many bowlers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
still got Swann there though. Guess we needed to strengthen the batting.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah agree there were too many bowlers last time, but still should be going in with two spinners.

Paine all over the shop.

Beautiful shot by Watto there.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
We'd need to have spinners bowling in the powerplays, I don't know enought about Swann and Rashid to know if they're good at that. Have we seen them do it before?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah agree there were too many bowlers last time, but still should be going in with two spinners.

Paine all over the shop.

Beautiful shot by Watto there.
Think if/when Flintoff comes back into the side, we're more likely to play 3 seamers/2spinners, given that most of our part timer bowling (Collingwood, Bopara, Wright, Trott should they ever pick him) is seam up and if the bowlers include Flintoff, Swann, Broad & Rashid, there shouldn't be a batting depth problem

Wright would probably be retained, since he's at least show he can hit in the later overs and not many others have plus he couldn't really be replaced by a batsman since you'd probably want Flintoff at six

Davies
Strauss
Trott
KP
Collingwood
Flintoff
Wright/Bopara
Broad
Swann
Rashid
Sidebottom/Anderson

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Much better Test bowler than ODIs. I'm certainly one of those 'fans' that you speak of but I wouldn't be too disappointed to see us try something else in the 50 over game. Don't know who though.