• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha, getting on the draw as soon as I get home, thought about it prior to the game but the odds weren't that great...thats 5/2 now in English money isn't it?
Mate, I made a mistake, England and the draw should be switched around.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In a case like this with the bowler clearly injured you should be able to use the sub as a bowler. England should make 450+ now that Johnson is bowling rubbish, Siddle hasn't been doing anything special, the England batsmen are on a roll and now we are a bowler down. Macca and/or Watson should be allowed to bowl.
England should've made 650 before Hauritz was injured and they should make it afterwards.

On this deck there was never any excuse for letting Hauritz get anything. And even if North is far less accurate, with field-placings like this their economy-rates might well be little different.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Do you think the hardest Viv Richards shot actually went faster than the hardest Andrew Strauss shot?

Richards was just better than most batsmen, he didn't hit the ball proportionally harder than anyone.
Yeah, a Viv Richards shot would go much faster then a Andrew Strauss shot if they were both trying to smack the hell out of it. Do you honestly think someone like Ian Bell could hit a ball as fast as Andrew Symonds or Chris Gayle?

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tipping Johnson to lift and take a bag now that Australia really need him to.
Well if he comes on now it would be a change of angle and pace really. I think bringing him on for North is the right option to change the line and mix things up. Could get a surprise wicket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Rich you're the only bloke I know who can see a bowler injure his bowling hand and call him lucky.
On this sort of pitch, you should take any injury with foremost thanks to the God Of Cricket (no, not the poster godofcricket).

Andre

International Regular
It certainly isn't going to help us, no. We could really, really have done with the chance to erase the memories of letting Hauritz get 6-150-odd, and now we've been denied the chance.

What's more, Australia might actually pick the four seamers they should be picking for the rest of the series now. :@
Bring back Bryce McGain!

Another nail in the 4 bowlers coffin IMO, we need to start playing 5.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, a Viv Richards shot would go much faster then a Andrew Strauss shot if they were both trying to smack the hell out of it. Do you honestly think someone like Ian Bell could hit a ball as fast as Andrew Symonds or Chris Gayle?
Yes, and I've seen him do so. It's just on the vast majority of occasions he doesn't try, whereas Symonds and Gayle try (and succeed) with great regularity. Same with Richards and Strauss.

Being a good batsman and the maximum pace you can hit the ball with are not correlative. Most batsmen's maximum pace is roughly similar. What sets them apart is how regularly they utilise coming close to said maximum.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Haddin's concentration disappeared after the first hour. Strauss never even shaped to play at that.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
A lack of concentration from our fielders here I think. The pressure and frsutration is really getting to us as you can see. Haddin has been well poor and made some bad errors.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Fielded Ricky. It's not in the spirit of the game to just give the opposition runs like that though.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Bring back Bryce McGain!

Another nail in the 4 bowlers coffin IMO, we need to start playing 5.
North and Katich and Clarke might not offer much of a threat (touch wood) but they can bowl enough overs to give the quicks a rest.

Mitch Johnson's got to be feeling the pressure, though. Being part of a 3-man attack is a real problem if you're bowling rubbish.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For some reason, on some level deep inside, I actually want England to win this game. I'm not even sure why.

It worries me. I think only Burgey can save me now.
Liberal voter, aren't you son?

That would explain such treason. You realise treason is still a capial offence don't you? Along with Piracy on the Seas and using the word "access" as a verb.

Supporting England is in that company. Don't do it. If England played Nazi Germany at cricket (they'd lose) then you might consider it.

Get therapy. If that doesn't work, hope to God I don't see you at Baulko shops any time soon...