• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not a chance if that's the last signing you make.

A side that didn't score that many goals last year, replacing Tevez and Ronaldo with Owen (ha) and Valencia (ha ha) will not make it any better.

Mind you, Owen did actually have a better record than Berbatov last year all things considered (and cost £31m less)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't suprise me if Obertan's the last signing of the summer for Utd.
Would be amazed if that was the case. Still if I had to guess now I would say for the first time since I remember that Liverpool might actually win the league next season. In fact they may even be favourites.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a chance if that's the last signing you make.

A side that didn't score that many goals last year, replacing Tevez and Ronaldo with Owen (ha) and Valencia (ha ha) will not make it any better.

Mind you, Owen did actually have a better record than Berbatov last year all things considered (and cost £31m less)
Would expect Berbatov to make some improvements on last year and I think Owen might suprise a few people, he is still a goalscorer and playing in a good side will do him the world of good. But yeah they need to make a couple more, think next season will be very close.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Owen scored more league goals than Tevez in less games so he's an improvement there. Lessening the goals Ronaldo gave. Then Berbatov and Rooney will score more most likely with a different team setup giving them more opportunities and other players will be instructed to take more shots not to just pass to Ronaldo. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Always thought assigning an actual cash value to Eboue was stretching the bounds of credulity that bit too far, tbh.