• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
He made several mistakes in this T20 WC...

First - he didnt allow Raina to sattle down as International No.3 in this tourney by sending himself at No.3 - Raina never got the chance to bat ahead of the important stage...

Second - his combinations has not worked properly, today RP was denied his last over and in last game Irfan should have completed his quota of 4 when he was bowling well...

Third - Jadeja ahead of Yuvraj in a very serious game...hope his ploy does well for India though!
I think Jadeja at four is a good call here. Yuvraj is most likely to be the man who wins this game and he is most effective against an older, softer ball. Jadeja is here for the platform... and possibly because the seniors don't want to get hit and WHAT THE **** IS PIETERSEN BOWLING FOR?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Madness to bring on KP, surely even Wright would have made more sense the way they're playing the short ball:@

ret

International Debutant
Gambhir has to take charge now or get out .... get a feeling that it will be up to the heroics of UV, YP and Bhajji

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Madness to bring on KP, surely even Wright would have made more sense the way they're playing the short ball:@
Presumably the nickname 'Colly' comes from having a cauiliflower for a brain.
Completely bizarre. No reason for it at all.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Colly has to squeeze a couple of overs in from the part-timers at some point. Time will tell whether this was the right moment, I guess.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The strategy must be to get the four fill-in overs out the way now to save Jim, Stu, Ryan & Graeme for the last 10.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Colly has to squeeze a couple of overs in from the part-timers at some point. Time will tell whether this was the right moment, I guess.
Not from KP he doesn't. Broad, Anderson, Sidebottom, Swann, Collingwood & Mascarenhas all have much better claims to be bowling. And Wright.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
We have 5 bowlers though, he doesn't have to bowl Pietersen. Swann probably won't bowl his allocation now,.
I don't really like it when the captain backs himself into the situation where his five front-liners have to bowl their full four, in case one has an off day.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Big fear is the 8 overs we have to conjure up from outside of the three pace men.

Got away with one from KP and Wright's first was very decent, but think Dimi will be lined up at his pace.

Swanny, finally.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really like it when the captain backs himself into the situation where his five front-liners have to bowl their full four, in case one has an off day.
Yeah but we already know that he'll get the full allocation from the three pacemen, what he's effectively done now is ensure that Swann and/or Mascarenhas won't bowl their 4 without seeing whether they are bowling well. Could have brought them on instead of KP/Wright then he still has the option of bowling a part timer if they get hit

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but we already know that he'll get the full allocation from the three pacemen, what he's effectively done now is ensure that Swann and/or Mascarenhas won't bowl their 4 without seeing whether they are bowling well. Could have brought them on instead of KP/Wright then he still has the option of bowling a part timer if they get hit
I don't mind Wright bowling some of Dimi's overs. I don't disagree with you about KP though I don't mind that he got one over. I was glad to see Colly take him off straight away rather than carry on for a second over like Dhoni did with Yuvraj.